I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

free air sub

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bake is an unknown quantity at this point
free air sub

whats a good/great free air sub for under 400 probably a 12"?
Old 05-30-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
idmax
10w7 (12w7 is a bit over 400 on ebay)
Old 05-30-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
i do believe one of the blueprint subwoofers works extreemly well freeair (probably the 03 series)
Old 05-31-2003
Registered!!

JohnDoe is an unknown quantity at this point
just curious, why free air?
Old 05-31-2003
Registered!!

i want to build a setup where the subs are mounted in the trunk side by side and with like a door on each so i can open the doors and have my spare tire underneath..... its kinda hard to explain......

Last edited by bake; 05-31-2003 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
idmax
10w7 (12w7 is a bit over 400 on ebay)

idmax isn't recommended for free air and jl are all too expensive other than ebay
Old 05-31-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
idmax runs extremely well freeair
Old 05-31-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by bake
idmax isn't recommended for free air and jl are all too expensive other than ebay
you are absolutely right. in both cases.

the idmax isnt reccommended by ID for freeair use. they dont sya you CANT< but yoru right, they dont specifically reccommend its use.

however, when a pompous "sq" guy talks about how the response of the max improved SO MUCH over sealed, already high and mighty about the superiority of the max over other woofers, id be inclined to reason that the max does in fact work well free air.

but no, you are right, they dont reccommend it.

jl w7 is absolutely coupled with "expensive" you are right again. a fact of life. you are paying for the years of R&D that went into that woofer. you are also paying for what is flat out the best subwoofer money can buy. id assume that would be a bit pricey, especially when they technically arent available anywhere other than an authorised dealer (thats technically, before you get ready to respond to that)

but i suppose you are right, forget teh fact that we are talking abotu woofers that work well freeair, its jsut too expensive to consider, huh. doesnt matter that it is the most accurate and most well designed woofer on teh market, sent to caraudio from god, its too expensive. doesnt matter that JL has a track record for making woofers in general that raise the bar for woofer build quality and performance, your just paying for the name, right?

but nonono, forget i said all this, becuase it doesnt matter what i say positive abotu teh max or w7, becuase the negative comments about them, expense and factory spec uses, are also factually correct. very true.