I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Pioneer 7400MP problems, buzzing when playing mp3's, anyone else?....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
Pioneer 7400MP problems, buzzing when playing mp3's, anyone else?....

ok, i just noticed that there is a buzzing sound when playing an mp3 cd. the buzzing sound is in the background, and its low, so it can only be heard at low volumes, but its there. i have regular cd's that play fine, and also music cd's burned as regular cd's, not mp3's, and those dont have the buzzing either.
is it the way i am burning the cd's, or is it my unit? i use nero burning rom to make the mp3 cd's, and i put all the mp3's in ONE folder and burn it, no subfolders at all.
Old 12-22-2002
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
low quality bitrate? i use nothing but 192, sometimes 160, and i get no prob... but not with that mp3 player
Old 12-22-2002
that little dude

[hr]Originally posted by: LudlamTheory
low quality bitrate? i use nothing but 192, sometimes 160, and i get no prob... but not with that mp3 player[hr]
most of my mp3's are actually 192 or better. it looks like its all mp3's, its something about mp3 cd's because i used some mp3's i have, burned those mp3's as a music cd, and they played fine, so i'm stumped.
its only at low volumes, so at my normal listening volume, i can't hear it, so its okay, but i still want to know if its the unit or the cd's.
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm...I almost always use the 320 bitrate. Isn't 256 supposed to be the lowest bitrate that is comparable to cd quality?

But yeah, I would try a different program. Another guy has complained of his mp3 disks not working at all in his oem cd player in which they should. He said he uses nero as well. Could be the prog or maybe just a coincidence.

Myself, I prefer to use seperate progs to convert and burn. If you have a friend with an mp3 deck trying playing yours in theirs and see what happens.

Edit:I meant the guy said his wavs weren't working, not his mp3.
Old 12-22-2002
that little dude

[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
Hmm...I almost always use the 320 bitrate. Isn't 256 supposed to be the lowest bitrate that is comparable to cd quality?

But yeah, I would try a different program. Another guy has complained of his mp3 disks not working at all in his oem cd player in which they should. He said he uses nero as well. Could be the prog or maybe just a coincidence.

Myself, I prefer to use seperate progs to convert and burn. If you have a friend with an mp3 deck trying playing yours in theirs and see what happens.[hr]
got any suggestions on a good rip/burn program? nero came with my cd-rw drive, so thats why i use it, never even bothered to look at other programs because i figured nero does it all.
also, if i converted 192 bitrate mp3's into 256 or 320, would that make a difference, or will it just mess up since the original quality is just 192?
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
You really need to convert the original file to the bitrate you want. I know nothing about reconverting files. I assume that doing that would only further degrade the sound quality.

I use hewlett Packard's "record now" to burn my disks. I have an hp burner and have been using hp's software for a couple of years now. I've had the burner for a very long time. Anyhow, you can dl it off of hp's site for free if you want to try it out.

I was thinking about converting mp3 files to wav files, my bad. I have only had the mp3 player for about 3-4 months or so. I bought the prog that converts mp3 to wav. I would do a search on downloads.com and maybe try out a few of the conversion progs.

I just dont' like the all in one deals. Errors can happen anywhere in the process and can mess up everything. I don't know how nero handles errors since I have never used it.

Also, does your hu have any kind of features that enhance the sound quality and such? If so, maybe try turning those off or on and see what happens.

Edit: What about when you play the mp3 files you converted on your pc. Do you get the same noise through the pc speakers?
Old 12-22-2002
that little dude

after i burn cd's of any kind, i test them out on my computer, and i dont remember any type of buzzing, but i really didn't test the cd, just made sure it burned. i'm in the process of making an mp3 cd with music at 320, i'm going to test that out first, then i'll test out one of the mp3's from the car in the computer. wish me luck. i'll report back with the results.

anyone think emailing pioneer with my problem might help? maybe its a common problem, i'll also check the manual if i find it.
Old 12-23-2002
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
actually, 192 is cd quality