I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Pioneer 1667 fitment

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pioneer 1667 fitment

Has anyone installed the Pioneer 1667 6.5" speakers, either in front or rear in a sedan? I was thinking of putting them all the way around, but the Crutchfield onliine fitment guide shows they don't fit in either location - I was wondering if anyone here had defied convention and MADE them fit. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Thanks, guys...
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

Vinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I just picked up 4 of these for the sedan. I finished installing the rears, they just needed new holes drilled and some dynamat. I now have one of the front door panels off and it looks like it is going to be a little tricky to make it work -- but possible. Just stopped by here to see if I could find any ideas... I'll let you know what I end up doing if I can't find any info.

Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

Thanks! I have already purchased the Scosche SS65 spacers...what are you using to mount the front speakers? Good luck![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-15-2002
Registered!!

Vinz is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought some other brand spacers, can't remember the name. Anyway they were just 1" deep 6.5" spacers. They worked great, and it was pretty simple. Just had to drill a few holes. There are no problems with the speaker magnet hitting the window or the front hitting the plastic grill.
Old 07-15-2002
Registered!!

Vinz, thanks so much for the input! I just finished swapping out my Pioneer 4400 for the 6400; I just couldn't see the display at all during the day (a common problem, I guess). I have been itching to do the speakers next, and your experience is a lot of help. Thanks again.

How's it sound? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]