I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

ATTN: WHITERABBIT....?'S ABOUT FIBERGLASS

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
durkinz is an unknown quantity at this point
ATTN: WHITERABBIT....?'S ABOUT FIBERGLASS

hey yo to mold the fiberglass to the exact shape of the counsel and the upper deck area, how did you do it? did you like take the original things and like fiberglass over it? doesnt the fiberglass stick to the stuff? also how do you like screw the fiberglass in? like mounts on the back?? thanks alot!
chris
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
i used my old deck install piece, glued a piece of thin cardboard over it to hold shape, then glassed directly over that.

if i had to do it over again (if haha, WHEN) i would grind off a good 1/8th inch off teh surface of the install kit so the fibercarbon was flush with the dash, or just glass the dash to go with it.

then yeah, i just reinstalled it they way it was before with my deck in there.

if you were doing the whole panel, it would be just as easy to not use anything, leave the hole in there, cover it with paper, make sure its flush with the rest of the panel and glass away. keeps down ion internal clutter....
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
and with the cardboard glued (industrial strength epoxied) to the install kit, and the fibercarbon way pasted to teh cardboard, its not goign anywhere