I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2005 Civic Fuel Pump Wire Color

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hdtrc is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 Civic Fuel Pump Wire Color

Hello,

Neither my Chilton or Haynes manual has a wiring diagram that shows the fuel pump...at least as far as I can tell. I want to test power to the pump. I have the seat off and the connector disconnected but not sure which wire to test.
So far, only one wire lights up my tester and it stays on after I turn the key to RUN. I would think that it would turn off after a few seconds because the pump stops after it primes. In fact, this wire stays lit for a few seconds after the key is turned off.

Dose anyone know what the fuel pump hot wire color is ? Or does anyone have a fuel pump wiring diagram ?

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: 2005 Civic Fuel Pump Wire Color

Originally Posted by hdtrc
I would think that it would turn off after a few seconds because the pump stops after it primes.
Your not realizing the pump is smarter than your thinking.

The “fuel pump assembly” has its own circuitry that monitors pressure and engages/disengages the “pump” as needed.

Power for the fuel pump assembly pretty much goes battery-fusebox-relay-fuel pump assembly.

The relay is controlled by the computer.

As too actual color, sorry no clue. Maybe try wrapping the “plastic end” of your key in aluminum foil so the immobilize system doesn’t turn on the fuel pump relay to check.
Old 12-22-2018
Registered!!

Thank you Slumper.
I removed the relay and it's housing. I tested the relay with 12V and the solenoid pulls the contacts together.
I then reinstalled the relay without it's housing and with my finger I can engage the relay and hear the pump run.
However, turning the key to RUN does not engage the relay.
Could the relay still be faulty ? There appears to be a NC contact active when the relay is not activated.
Old 12-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

The computer is what controls the relay.

Does you green security light blink then stop, never blinks, never stops blinking when a regular key is in the “run” position?
Old 12-24-2018
Registered!!

I found that the 15A ECU fuse is blown. I don't have a spare with me today but I'll put one in after the holiday.
Old 01-27-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Does you green security light blink then stop, never blinks, never stops blinking when a regular key is in the “run” position?
I get in the car, turn the key on but not to the START position. The green security light blinks then stops. I get out of the car and I find the fuse blown.
From reading other posts, I see that I need to unplug some connections until the fuse stops blowing.
Where can I get a wiring diagram that will allow me to trace everything that could be the culprit ? Or, a list of culprits ?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,848 Likes on 1,300 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-updated.html

In that thread the last page has a link to the service manual.
Old 01-28-2019
Registered!!

Thank you Bro chip.