Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

02 civic Key light not lightining

Old 11-14-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95coupetrav is an unknown quantity at this point
02 civic Key light not lightining

I bought a 02 civic for 200 bucks awhile back 1.7 vtec auto when your turn the key the green light does not show up on the dash tried looking up the same issue and seems like everyone has problem with it staying on anf flashing what do i need to do so its starts again ive only had egs before
Old 11-15-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 civic

If it has no problems starting, it could be as stupid as a burnt out bulb.
Old 11-15-2018
Registered!!

Re: 02 civic

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
If it has no problems starting, it could be as stupid as a burnt out bulb.
forgot to put in post that it just cranks will not start guy before replace a few things on it that he thought was issue then gave up on it
Old 11-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 02 civic Key light not lightining

Try the other key.
Possible that current key is not being recognized by the immobilizer system and is cutting fuel to engine.
Old 11-15-2018
Registered!!

[QUOTE=NDNV;4754053]Try the other key.
Possible that current key is not being recognized by the immobilizer system and is cutting fuel to engine.[/QUOTE only got one key with the car
Old 11-15-2018
Registered!!

[QUOTE=95coupetrav;4754055]
Originally Posted by NDNV
Try the other key.
Possible that current key is not being recognized by the immobilizer system and is cutting fuel to engine.[/QUOTE only got one key with the car
only got one key with the car
Old 11-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 95coupetrav
I bought a 02 civic for 200 bucks awhile back 1.7 vtec auto when your turn the key the green light does not show up on the dash tried looking up the same issue and seems like everyone has problem with it staying on anf flashing what do i need to do so its starts again ive only had egs before
Green key symbol does not light up at all? Immobilizer CU controls that light.
Follow a (good) wiring diagram. Test. See that the immobilizer CU is powering up and has ground.

Fuses in both fuseboxes are involved (so check ALL of them) and main relays are involved in supplying power to the immobi CU.

There's a lot more to it than that, but there's a starting point to work with.
Old 11-16-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Green key symbol does not light up at all? Immobilizer CU controls that light.
Follow a (good) wiring diagram. Test. See that the immobilizer CU is powering up and has ground.

Fuses in both fuseboxes are involved (so check ALL of them) and main relays are involved in supplying power to the immobi CU.

There's a lot more to it than that, but there's a starting point to work with.
yea it doesnt light up and all and previous took it to dealer and they checked all the fuses all were good
Old 11-16-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

yea it doesnt light up and all and previous took it to dealer and they checked all the fuses all were good
I hope someone didn't PAY for such a non-diagnosis like that.
If that's all that was checked, YOU better recheck every fuse in the car yourself, because you're really starting from square one.

If someone had to PAY for diag, they had better have received the correct answers as to what it takes to solve the problem. And prices.

/dead serious
Old 11-16-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I hope someone didn't PAY for such a non-diagnosis like that.
If that's all that was checked, YOU better recheck every fuse in the car yourself, because you're really starting from square one.

If someone had to PAY for diag, they had better have received the correct answers as to what it takes to solve the problem. And prices.

/dead serious
have receipt in car from honda dealer saying checked all fuses paid around 200 for that
Old 11-16-2018
Registered!!

have receipt in car from honda dealer saying checked all fuses paid around 200 for that
but ill check all fuses again
Old 11-16-2018

Is that all that was checked???
Sometimes I wish I could get away with lame azz work like that, but I don't work that way. I know far too much.

Maybe fuses were all that mechanic knows how to check.
If that's all they know to check....maybe they don't even know how to do THAT right. (Parts replacers typically don't know a damn thing about troubleshooting real problems, lack critical thinking skills, and don't understand anything about basic electricity such as what makes a light bulb work)

You start from square one now. YOU need to make sure all fuses are in fact good.

If you had access to a known good part supply I'd suggest plugging in another immobilizer control unit and see if that makes the idiot light blink.