I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Not sure where to post this

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mhammond1127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure where to post this

So my 1500 watt amp bit the dust, it was mounted in the trunk of my 03 Civic LX and it got so hot that the sotter melted again and touched something it shouldn’t have. I’m buying a new one today it’s a 3000 watt amp to power both 1400 watt subs. But I need to know where the best place is to mount an amp, I’m thinking the back floor board since nobody rides in the back, and shortening the ground wire and using a bigger gauge ground.
Old 05-02-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Not sure where to post this

What kind of amp?

A good quality amp should be able to handle the heat and would have thermal protection to shut it down if it over heated.
Old 05-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mhammond1127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Not sure where to post this

Originally Posted by GolNat
What kind of amp?

A good quality amp should be able to handle the heat and would have thermal protection to shut it down if it over heated.
it’s a boss amp and boss subs, I think I’m just gonna mount it in my back seat