I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

High beam instrument cluster warning light

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UncleB00M is an unknown quantity at this point
High beam instrument cluster warning light

Hi all,

I had the annual car test today and was failed on the instrument cluster "high beam warning light" not coming on when the high beams are on.
Its passed previous tests without it being mentioned but I guess the tester today was a bit of a stickler

Anyway I need to get the light coming on...
I'm pretty sure its separate from the standard speedo lights so just wondering it a case of taking the cluster out, carefully opening it and swapping the bulb out? Or is it a bit more involved?

Any idea what kind of bulb I would need?

Cheers,
B
Old 03-18-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: High beam instrument cluster warning light

If replacing the bulb doesn’t work, you can rig up a simple LED taped to the dash getting power right off the headlight wire.

State laws almost always just require a dedicated indicator to be visible by the driver when high beams are on.