I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Electrical power lost while driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyle Guesfeird is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Electrical power lost while driving

Driving when suddenly headlights started to dim, radio got fuzzy and went out, gauges all went down. Eventually I pulled the car over stopped it and it shut off. Then next day changed the alternator and battery, and charged it up to start. Drove it for about a week until the same problem happened again. This time I changed a ground that could have been faulty ( it was rusted and corroded). Once again charged it up and drive it for a few days. Finally changed the ignition switch and charged it up. But as soon as the jump pack is pulled of the car it begins to have the electrical failure. Now the car will only start with the jump pack on. Idk what else could be the problem???
Old 02-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dsm482 has a spectacular aura aboutdsm482 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Electrical power lost while driving

you could have tested the alternator and charging system before hand. throwing parts at it starts to become the norm.. what are the voltage charging? whats the amperage? is there a draw?
Old 02-24-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Electrical power lost while driving

You're gonna kick yourself in the azz if a blown 25 cent fuse caused you to needlessly replace a battery and alternator and ignition switch