I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

positive battery cable sucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oldbeater is an unknown quantity at this point
positive battery cable sucks

the 05 I am working on had the positive battery cable go bad, too much corrosion did it in. what can I use for a new cable? the dealer wants me to buy a whole new engine harness for 400 bucks or so that's too much. I put a temporary one on there for now but I don't trust it. I figured out where three of the wires went to (two to the fuse box under the hood, one to the starter, but where does the other on going to)? I looked most everywhere but cannot find a complete wiring diagram just bits and pieces.
Old 10-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: positive battery cable sucks

One large positive cable leads to the starter
One smaller positive cable leads to the fuse box.

What else does yours have? Someone wired in extra stuff? Got pics?
Old 10-14-2017
Car Audio Inc

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
thornygravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: positive battery cable sucks

I'd buy some 4 gauge ofc (10 feetish) and do a new run. All you need is some ring terminals, engine loom, zip ties maybe some heat shrink and silicone grease to prevent it from happening again. Run it along the factory runs.

The fuse box terminals are a bit of a strange shape, so I'd just clip those off and solder them onto your new 4 gauge.