I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Door lock not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtcpo is an unknown quantity at this point
Door lock not working

Hi! I have a Civic 7th 2002 manual transmission 4-door.

My keyless entry fob is not working, but it has red light when I press any button, so I changed the four door actuators. All them are now working, but not with the remote control (fob)

I have seen how to reprogram the key fob (in the service manual doc and in some youtube video). My key fob is working because I get to enter in programaing mode. The fourth time I press the lock button on my fob all the actuators make sound. If I manually close the **** switch, when I press unlock in the fob it works, but when I press the lock button the actuators make sound but the **** doesn't get down.

Anayway, in 10 seconds nothing works, even if I get the key out to "confirm" the new fob programmation. Any button do anything

In brief, I get into programming mode, but only unlock works, and I can't save the changes.

I've digging and it can be one of this two parts:
1. The keyless receiver unit
2. The multiplex/fuse box

It looks like when is the multiplex you have more problemes, like A/C not working or brake light on continuosly. I have no those problems, only the remote key not working (and SRS light always on).

Some advice?

Lots of thanks

Refs:
Programming fob video: