I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Sage

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sage Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Sage

I have a 2002 Honda Civic ex the car starts and runs but the immobilizer light blink's and the car runs like it's in limp mode and I've changed out the immobilizer on the ignition switch and it didn't change.
Old 09-05-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sage

Does a scanner communicate with the PCM?

Alternator mounting bolts were left loose?
Old 09-05-2017
Registered!!

The scan tool I used couldn't connect with the PCM and the alternator was loose.
Old 09-05-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and the alternator was loose.
This is the direct cause of the PCM being ruined.
Yes I said ruined.
If it cannot communicate with a scanner, it's ruined.

Root cause of the entire ordeal would be whomever forgot to tighten those alternator bolts.

Fix alternator hardware issues, replace PCM, and program replacement PCM to the immobilizer so the engine can run (dealer or locksmith?).
Or maybe get a used PCM with the ignition lock/keys/immobilizer as a matched set.
Old 09-06-2017
Registered!!

I got a used PCM from pick and pull and a new immobilizer and a new ignition switch and key will they all program to match to make it work.
Old 09-06-2017

Originally Posted by Sage Johnson
I got a used PCM from pick and pull and a new immobilizer and a new ignition switch and key will they all program to match to make it work.
That combo will have to be programmed before it will run.
Old 09-06-2017
Registered!!

Where would I have to take it to get it programmed to get it to work? Dealer or can I locksmith do it
Old 09-06-2017

Any Honda or Acura dealership will have the scanner to program it.

Locksmith...you'll have to call around and ask. Some have the equipment, some don't.
In my little town the locksmith only does this work for American cars.
Old 09-06-2017
Registered!!

Ok thank you for your help
Old 09-06-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

OP...technically speaking the title of your post implies you have a problem with yourself