I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

DRL Light/Parking Brake

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
desmond4890 is an unknown quantity at this point
DRL Light/Parking Brake

I have an 05 Honda Civic and this has been a problem for weeks now. My DRL Light is on and for the longest time like i am sure its suppost to it would go off whenever the parking brake was released and my day time lights would be on. Then the problems started where the drl light would be on but then it would go away after a while. I checked the fuse and everything else i could think of and its all fine. A friend of mine told that there is a sensor for it with the parking brake? I am just wondering if that might be the case and how to check for it/replace i am not sure about the part or parts that i would need to buy in order to replace it.
Old 07-18-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: DRL Light/Parking Brake

When the drl light is on.... are both high beam/drl lights working.

Releasing the parking brake is when the drls switch on.
Old 07-18-2017
Registered!!

Both high and low lights still work. When the drl light is on just the drl lights dont work
Old 07-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

#3 Fuse in the under-hood fuse box 10A
#12 fuse too if in Canada 7.5A

#15 and #17 in the under-dash fuse box (20A)

Parking brake switch is #3 in this diagram http://parts.sonshonda.com/showAssem...rimLevel=24896

Check your bulbs. Dual filament for low and highs in one.
Old 07-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Another solution is bad solder contacts on the DRL Relay. Do you have buzzing from under the dash? https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...l-problem.html
Old 07-18-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by NDNV
#3 Fuse in the under-hood fuse box 10A
#12 fuse too if in Canada 7.5A

#15 and #17 in the under-dash fuse box (20A)

Parking brake switch is #3 in this diagram http://parts.sonshonda.com/showAssem...rimLevel=24896

Check your bulbs. Dual filament for low and highs in one.
Will give all those fuses a check when i get the chance
Old 07-18-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by NDNV
Another solution is bad solder contacts on the DRL Relay. Do you have buzzing from under the dash? https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...l-problem.html
No buzzing at all. Had a friend check the Contacts and everything is fine.
Old 07-19-2017

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

It still may be a cold/bad solder joint inside the drl control printed circuit board. Even though it is not buzzing.

Look for rings around the joints. Relay pins are most subject, & inspect the solder on connector joints where the wire connect to PCB. And the entire board.
Old 07-19-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
It still may be a cold/bad solder joint inside the drl control printed circuit board. Even though it is not buzzing.

Look for rings around the joints. Relay pins are most subject, & inspect the solder on connector joints where the wire connect to PCB. And the entire board.
i had my friend check it before hand and have no idea how he checked it. Where is this circut bored location? Sorry lol
Old 07-19-2017

^^^ Inside the drl control unit.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...+solder+joints