I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Smelly A/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017
Car Audio Inc

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
thornygravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smelly A/C

So I learned the hard way that you shouldn't leave your recirculate button on for months at a time. As a result when I first get in the car and turn the A/C on it smells of rotting cheese and dead people.

It's funny because the first time it happened, someone was in the car and I was like damn this dude needs to take a ****ing shower..

I have since turned the recirculate button off and have been driving with the windows cracked. I changed the cabin air filters to those arm & hammer ones but the stench doesn't show any signs of lifting.

Has anyone dealt with this? I tried searching before hand and didn't find much. Thanks y'all.
Old 06-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smelly A/C

Got dead mice? Rotting food from children/sloppy adults?

Lysol the snot out of it?

Check out air-sept products?
http://www.airsept.com/Products/Category/25
Old 06-26-2017
Car Audio Inc

No dead mice or rotting food, just mold/mildew from leaving the recirculate button on.

I bought some **** called 'frigi-clean' supposed to work pretty good. I also found a post by gearbox saying to run the heater for 10 minutes. So looks like I got some stuff to try.
Old 09-23-2017
Car Audio Inc

Problem ended up going away. Happened so gradually that I totally forgot about the issue. I started using the recirculate button sparingly as it's supposed to be used, and the cheesy turd farts slowly vanished.
Old 09-24-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

My first thought was leaking evap core..but that's a musty, old wet carpet-ish smell and not a rotting dead guy in the trunk smell..Lol.