I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

SRS code help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ccarbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question SRS code help!!

My SRS light came on and it was the seat belt code 9-3, i replaced it with a good seat belt and the light will still not reset. I have tried to clear it out many times with the paper clip. here is my you tube link to view the video of it with the pin 4/9 jumper, not quite sure what code it throwing at me ..... any help?? I want my air bags working as my son will be driving this car. thanks!!
Old 06-05-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SRS code help!!

Can't use pins 4/9 to erase. That's used to read flash codes
To erase SRS fault codes use the yellow MES connector that is stuck in the fusebox.

See link for procedure info and code list:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=636707

Video looks like code 22-1 which would be "open in the passengers buckle tensioner" (the explosive device attached to the buckle, not the buckle switch)
If true, many times I find these faults can disappear if you disconnect and reconnect the unit. If this gets rid of the code, then I apply a drop of Stabilant-22a to the terminals to promote better contact.
Old 06-06-2017
Registered!!

Last night I took it to Advanced Auto and had them scan it..... came back with a 9-3 drivers seat belt, so the company is sending me a replacement one again. There was also a history code of 4-6 No DTC definition found. We cleared the codes then and restarted car and a 1-1 OPen/Inc resistance in driver air bag came up, after a restart again and tool scan that was gone and the 9-3 and 4-6 were back. I am hoping I just have a bad seat belt that was sent to me. He said they sometimes test as a false positive.

I know how to reset the SRS with the yellow 2 pin connector under the dash, the 4-9 pin is just to read the codes. thanks!

Originally Posted by ezone
Can't use pins 4/9 to erase. That's used to read flash codes
To erase SRS fault codes use the yellow MES connector that is stuck in the fusebox.

See link for procedure info and code list:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=636707

Video looks like code 22-1 which would be "open in the passengers buckle tensioner" (the explosive device attached to the buckle, not the buckle switch)
If true, many times I find these faults can disappear if you disconnect and reconnect the unit. If this gets rid of the code, then I apply a drop of Stabilant-22a to the terminals to promote better contact.
Old 06-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

history code of 4-6 No DTC definition found.
For 2002 I don't have a 4-6 in my list either.

He said they sometimes test as a false positive
Thank God they aren't doctors.

If you have a scanner giving you false codes, it would seem that scanner might not be trusted for any of them. Try a different scanner?
Old 06-06-2017
Registered!!

LOL - no this is the replacement driver's seat belt. They said it would fix the 9-3 issue. Must have been a bad belt, so they are sending me a replacement one. THAT should fix this, if not I don't know what is going on, can the SRS computer go bad? Or is it on the main computer board?? I will keep this updated when I replace the belt and clear the SRS codes.

I can't find anything on the 4-6 code either, but it shows that in the OBDII scanner.

Originally Posted by ezone
For 2002 I don't have a 4-6 in my list either.

Thank God they aren't doctors.

If you have a scanner giving you false codes, it would seem that scanner might not be trusted for any of them. Try a different scanner?