I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

03 civic AC not closing outside intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Favian Aguirre is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 03 civic AC not closing outside intake

The top dial on the AC climate control does not change the direction of the air from Floor the front to Defrost. All are open except the defrost. The temp dial works and the fan speed. The AC button and the rear defrost work. I have already replaced both clusters. Just the button to recirculate inside air and the direction dial don't work. which lets in the exhaust of other vehicles in the car. it leads me to believe that there is a problem with something that opens and closes the vents But i'm not sure what or where it is. Is it an actuator or something?
Old 05-10-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: 03 civic AC not closing outside intake

Originally Posted by Favian Aguirre
Is it an actuator or something?
Should be the Blend Door Actuator (also known as mode control motor): https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=13126303...pp=true&chn=ps

Not sure about 7th gens but, in 6th gens there is a metal linkage that connects to the actuator's control arm and that can pop out and diconnect so, check that first. Here's a similar thread: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...c-problem.html

Last edited by Wankenstein; 05-10-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2017
Registered!!

thanks, where is the actuator at? behind the glove box?
Old 05-10-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Favian Aguirre
thanks, where is the actuator at? behind the glove box?
I'm not sure for a 7th gen. On a 6th gen it's located on driver's side as shown in attached pic (Mode Control Motor). Search Google for 7th gen diagram or just look on your car for the mode control motor location shown in diagram below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_3708.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	89822  
Old 05-15-2017
Registered!!

I checked the plug that goes into the mode control motor(MCM) and it has 5 volts on a few pins but none on the outer ones and when i change the **** the power does not change. so no power to the motor then its not going to work. Is there a relay for the MCM?

The Main problem is the recirculation motor. that doesn't work either.
I just want the outside intake closed. If i remover the motor a little and manually close the vent and put the motor back will it stay closed?
Just don't want exhaust inside the car.