I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Electrical stereo issues.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
manfredww1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Electrical stereo issues.

Ok, I am less concerned about the tweeters anymore and now I cannot get my deck to turn on. I have rechecked the wires and after not changing anything from the way they were before.
I saw a spark when I removed the deck coming from one of the wires making contact with another (wiring harness).
I have checked my fuses (all) and they do not look seared or blown(broken in the center) so I am not sure what is causing the issue.

Also my door locks only work when I the car is on. Does that help narrow down the problem. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
Is it possible that fuses could not work with out looking blown?

Also I have two ground wires. One coming from the deck itself and another from the wiring harness attached with a butt connector. I have connected them both to a screw on the chassis and at another time, taped one and attached the other to the chassis. Which way is ideal?

Civic 2002 EX stock speakers with Pioneer DEH-1300mp deck
Old 01-17-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Electrical stereo issues.

Buy a multi meter and start testing the wires.
Also sand the body where you are using the screw to connect to ground.
Old 01-17-2016
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
manfredww1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Electrical stereo issues.

It was the back-up fuse. [solved]