I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Civic Door Tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
manfredww1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic Door Tweeters

Hi, I am checking my wiring harness setup in an attempt to figure out why my 02 Civic Ex door tweeters are not working since I have added a new deck. I believe I have wired everything color wise correctly.
Could this be related to my wiring harness or deck not supporting that many speakers ?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Civic Door Tweeters

If you didn't touch anything speaker wise, they should work fine. Did they work correctly before the head unit swap?
The tweeters and door speakers are tied together. There is one set of wires that goes from the head unit to the set of speakers. They split from there sending signal to each one.
Old 01-17-2016
Registered!!

Ok, I am less concerned about the tweeters anymore and now I cannot get my deck to turn on. I have rechecked the wires and after not changing anything from the way they were before.
I saw a spark when I removed the deck coming from one of the wires making contact with another (wiring harness).
I have checked my fuses (all) and they do not look seared or blown(broken in the center) so I am not sure what is causing the issue.

Also my door locks only work when I the car is on. Does that help narrow down the problem. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
Is it possible that fuses could not work with out looking blown?

Also I have two ground wires. One coming from the deck itself and another from the wiring harness attached with a butt connector. I have connected them both to a screw on the chassis and at another time, taped one and attached the other to the chasis. Which way is ideal?
Old 01-17-2016
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

there's usually a fuse in the stereo deck as well. sometimes it's hidden under the wiring harness connector. Check that and see if it's blown.
Old 04-20-2018
Registered!!

I managed to get it . Sorry for the late reply. It was the fuse.