I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

01 Civic Aftermarket Clifford Alarm Question

Old 12-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiggles is an unknown quantity at this point
01 Civic Aftermarket Clifford Alarm Question

I have an 01 civic that has an old Clifford aftermarket alarm system in it which im looking to remove because i lost the key fob a long time ago and sometimes the alarm goes off when working on it, such as removing the battery. I know i should remove all of the components of the alarm and then fix any wires that were spliced but because of the weather, winter here, i just removed the clifford control unit that is under the dash. The system doesn't seem to have a ignition kill switch or anything because when i remove the unit, the car still starts fine. Is it better to leave the unit plugged into the sensors and not the power or is it ok to leave all the wires unplugged and the unit out from under the dash until i can rip out all the other components.

Thanks for any help!
Old 12-08-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 01 Civic Aftermarket Clifford Alarm Question

You can leave it unplugged. It will loose programming but you will have to re program anyway since the fob is lost. But if you are not wanting to use it then don't have to worry about that.
Old 12-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wiggles
is it ok to leave all the wires unplugged and the unit out from under the dash until i can rip out all the other components.
If everything works fine then shouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiggles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
You can leave it unplugged. It will loose programming but you will have to re program anyway since the fob is lost. But if you are not wanting to use it then don't have to worry about that.
Ya im not worried about reprogramming it cause im not planning to use it again. Thanks!

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
If everything works fine then shouldn't be a problem.
Ya everything works fine, the plugs have connectors on them so they shouldn't sort out if they hit the bare metal or anything right? Would it help to wrap the connectors in electrical tape just to make sure?
Old 12-09-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wiggles
Would it help to wrap the connectors in electrical tape just to make sure?
It wouldn't hurt. Can't be to cautious.