I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help finding an instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rayman009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help finding an instrument cluster

Hi, first post! I recently got a 2002 Civic DX 4 door manual from a buddy. He's getting a new motor put in on a body with about a little more than 100k

I'm looking for a cluster with a tachometer, but I'm a little confused on some of the ones for sale on ebay. My question is what will actually fit my DX? Does it matter if it's off a higher trim or off a coupe? and what's a fair price for one?
Old 09-12-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help finding an instrument cluster

IIRC, the sedan and coupe had different gauge cluster colors. Coupe-red, sedan-green/blue

If you get an 01-02, it should be a direct fit. 03-05, you have to do some repinning to accept the different cluster.

Keep in mind that mileage is stored in the cluster, not the ECU. I'm not sure what the protocol is for leaving the odometer alone, but you can send it off to a shop (unless you can find a local shop) to get the mileage changed to what's actually on your car. Just to avoid any odometer fraud.
Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rayman009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
IIRC, the sedan and coupe had different gauge cluster colors. Coupe-red, sedan-green/blue

If you get an 01-02, it should be a direct fit. 03-05, you have to do some repinning to accept the different cluster.

Keep in mind that mileage is stored in the cluster, not the ECU. I'm not sure what the protocol is for leaving the odometer alone, but you can send it off to a shop (unless you can find a local shop) to get the mileage changed to what's actually on your car. Just to avoid any odometer fraud.
So would it matter if the cluster came off a coupe? or automatic?
Old 09-12-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't matter coupe sedan. If you slap in a cluster from an auto, you'll have a non-functioning drive selection indicator on the cluster face.