I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Speaker wire question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
redcloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaker wire question

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of an install, and have searched the Forums for an answer to this to no avail:

Is it ok to run the passenger side front speaker wire with the amp power wire and the remote wire, all in one bundle? The amp is mounted in the trunk on the back of the 40% percent fold-down seat back (passenger side).

Of course, the RCAs and the driver's side front speaker wire will be on the opposite side.

Is this a noise no-no, or does it matter not?

Thanks for all the fish.
Old 08-25-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speaker wire question

Not quite sure, but I'd separate power from speaker wire as much as possible, just to avoid any alternator whine.

On my setup, I have the amps sitting in the back passenger corner of my trunk, all the power wire is running down the passenger side, under the doorsill. All my front speaker wire runs down the center of the car, under the carpet and center console, and spiders out to where they gotta go.
Old 08-25-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Amp power wire needs to be separated from speaker wires. Remote power is low and should not interfer but would not hurt to seperate it from speaker wire as well.
Old 08-25-2015
Registered!!

Thanks, you guys.

I'm about ready to poke a hole through the firewall grommet to run the power wire. How can water possibly not get through into the cabin even though the fit is tight on the cable?

The Stinger 6000 cable I'm using is not smooth finish. It has a web covering on it.
Old 08-26-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

The hood and engine are in the way so it is difficult for water to get to the firewall. I never had any issues with water. Just cut a slit in the grommet and pull the wire through for a nice tight fit.
Old 08-26-2015
Registered!!

The surgery begins....