I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

OEM Keyless Entry for LX

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shabba is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM Keyless Entry for LX

Through my searching, I have found that my '01 was not equipped with the keyless entry and the best way to get it, the OEM system, is basically pulling the box and the wiring harness off of a wreck. Which trim models should
I look for? My local yards have LX models come through, but nothing else. It seems that the junkyard is the only option I have (besides ebay which occasionally has the box but never the harness). Which model am I most likely to find the two items on? Advice as to where else I can look?
Old 05-12-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: OEM Keyless Entry for LX

Moved to ICE and Electrical.

As far as I know the Ex was the only trim that came with it. A junk yard and eBay would be the best places. You may have to travel to a distant junk yard.

I understand wanting to go OEM, I always try to but maybe an aftermarket system would be an option.
Old 05-12-2015
Registered!!

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. I'll make sure to pay attention to that in the future.

I do like OEM. I like it mainly because it tends to be plug and play. The aftermarket has some nice offerings and I've looked into it, but the simplicity of (once I find them) installing the box and harness is too alluring for now.

Thanks for reassuring me. I'll keep an eye out, but again, if anyone knows of a harness or even a junkyard in the mid-atlantic region that has an EX, I would be much obliged.
Old 05-12-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you can find a junk LX or HX that got the dealer installed keyless kit, that might be easier as you can grab the parts and the add-on harness for it.

Locate some original installation instructions for the dealer installed keyless kit so you know what to look for.
Old 05-13-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Maybe you can find a junk LX or HX that got the dealer installed keyless kit, that might be easier as you can grab the parts and the add-on harness for it.

Locate some original installation instructions for the dealer installed keyless kit so you know what to look for.
Fantastic idea. A local yard just got a new civic in today, an '02. I'll check it out tomorrow. With any luck...