I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Need somewhat expert help. ES1 & ES2 Owners only

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMxES1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need somewhat expert help. ES1 & ES2 Owners only

Alright so I have a 2001 honda civic 4 door. Can someone help me with something I really want to mount 2 6.5 speakers into the Rear Doors. They will be mounted how they are mounted on the front (twords the front of the door on the bottom) I'm not worried about wiring. I need help with mounting is there way to install them mounted behind the door panel or is had to mounted ontop of the panel I really need help with this one.
Old 03-06-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need somewhat expert help. ES1 & ES2 Owners only

I would Mount them in the door, and use a front speaker cover from a junk yard car as a door cover for the rear. You are going to have to make a custom mounting bracket, or use the front door bracket and stay with the smaller speakers.
Old 03-10-2014
Registered!!

Question Re: Need somewhat expert help. ES1 & ES2 Owners only

Originally Posted by GolNat
I would Mount them in the door, and use a front speaker cover from a junk yard car as a door cover for the rear. You are going to have to make a custom mounting bracket, or use the front door bracket and stay with the smaller speakers.
Thank you , def try this cause I do have an extra door panel to cut up
Old 03-11-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

also a larger magnet mite interfere with the windows.
Old 05-13-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
also a larger magnet mite interfere with the windows.
Well sorry for not updating this. I went to the junkyard got 2 door panels for 5$. My initial Idea was to put a hole in the metal frame of the door just like the front. On further inspection I noticed that it was to close to the window so I ended up making the hole on the door panel it self. I mounted an 8" Audiopipe 250watt component speaker. When I got through the cutting out I realized that the magnet touched the metal part of the door. I ended up cutting 2 rings out acting like extenders for the speakers trim to lay on and the lifting the magnet off the metal frame. I wish I can show you waht it looks like. But my now EX girlfriend slit my speakers so im awaiting on 2 brand new ones.