I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

05 civic door lock switch/ car doesn't honk when locking doors from remote

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moparboi is an unknown quantity at this point
05 civic door lock switch/ car doesn't honk when locking doors from remote

I have a 05 civic that the door locks switch from inside the car doesn't work. I tested to see if there was lower to the switch and there is so that must mean I need a new switch right? I called my local parts store and they said dealer only now I know Honda is gonna charge me like 200$ for this so where can I get this part for cheaper and do the same thing lock and unlock my doors?

And another problem is when I lock my doors the car doesn't honk anymore would anyone know where I should be looking for this or can it be the door lock switch that is making this a problem too?
Old 07-04-2013
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 05 civic door lock switch/ car doesn't honk when locking doors from remote

Sounds like your door lock actuators, does your remote lock the doors?
Old 07-04-2013
Registered!!

Ya my remote locks my doors but it doesn't honk like it used to do you know a site where I can get the actuator? Cause Honda wants 156$
Old 07-04-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

They must be pricing for the whole job, installed.

ALL doors must lock before the horn beeps on the 2nd push.
If it doesn't beep, then either the trunk is ajar, a door is ajar, or the system thinks the hood is open.
I see hood latch switches bad every once in a while. Simple unplug the switch and try the remote see if it beeps now or stick a jumper across the 2 wires and see if it beeps now.

May or may not need a new lock switch, a little testing would prove if it is bad or not.

Don't rule out MICU issues too. Any other strange electrical problams popping up?

Door lock actuator, under $40 at Majestic for the car I just looked up.
Drivers lock switch, $8 for a black one.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
Old 07-04-2013
Registered!!

I tested to see of I have power going to the door lock and it does have power going there I think I must have touched something together and it locked and than I checked the second wire and it unlocked haha so that's why I said door lock switch.
What is the MICU issues I don't get the abbreviation. No other electrical issues for now. Where is the hood latch switch?
Old 07-04-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

MICU is the multiplex control unit, also can be called the body control unit. Dome lights, AC, door locks, and more are controlled by it. A good service manual should have tests that can be done, but usually there are multiple problems when it goes bad.

The hood latch switch is built in to the hood latch. Find the wires going to the hood latch and they will lead you to it.
Old 07-05-2013
Registered!!

I can't find it on that site you gave me I go under civic 2005 than ka4at and than what do I go under to find it??
Old 07-05-2013

Originally Posted by Moparboi
I can't find it on that site you gave me I go under civic 2005 than ka4at and than what do I go under to find it??
What are you trying to look up-- door locks or something?
I dunno, and this is just a guess......maybe try.... DOOR LOCKS or FRONT DOOR LOCKS

Did you seriously not even bother to explore the site?
How about looking at every link to see what all there is available.
Old 07-05-2013

Looking up the hood latch?
Try ENGINE HOOD
Old 07-05-2013
Registered!!

I couldn't find the door lock switch but I found it thanks
Old 07-06-2013
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

My driver side actuator is going out (already have the part, just too lazy to put it in lol). When i press the lock button on the remote it will put the lock down far enough to lock the door but not enough to make the system think it's actually locked, at that point it doesnt beep and i need to use the key to lock it "all the way" then it beeps when i press the remote
Old 07-09-2013
Registered!!

Majestic doesn't ship to Canada do you have anyone that ships to Canada? And I still haven't found a wire going to the hood latch maybe my car doesn't have it?
Old 07-09-2013

Well, why didn't you say you were in Canuckia? Prices just went up, LOL.. Try http://torontohondaparts.com/

I was guessing on the hood switch. I'm didn't look to see if Canada cars use the same things as US.
Old 07-09-2013

Looked at a couple wiring diagrams, I didn't find a hood latch switch on that car. Sorry, I'm human today. Also, I see so many different cars daily so it's very difficult to keep all the little differences straight.