I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Any thoughts or comments on my new system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIC3R is an unknown quantity at this point
Any thoughts or comments on my new system?

Full alpine system in my 02 civic ex coupe, took back seats out and made a custom box to fit 6 12's in. Replaced door and deck speakers with Type S and have a Alpine F-30 4 channel amp powering those, and a Alpine MRX100 powering the 6 Alpine type E subs

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0786[1].jpg
Views:	212
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	83675

Last edited by RIC3R; 07-13-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2012
Registered!!

enVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Any thoughts or comments on my new system?

6 12" subs? That's retarted. And not in a good way.
Old 08-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Seems like a lot of work for low end speakers. Those are Alpines bottom end. You could have put 2 12" JLs in there and gotten more bass.

Nice looking install, just don't understand the choice of drivers.
Old 08-29-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks cool
Old 08-29-2012
Registered!!

RIC3R is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true. I was going to do the Type R but at 250$ a piece it gets really expensive really qwik haha. I built it for my senior project and had a limited budget
Old 08-29-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Well done on the box...I'm planning on building something nicer looking for my trunk, but yours is much more complex
Old 09-01-2014
Learning Civic Owner

epayne84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont care what people think, just because they are lower end doesn't necessarily mean that 2 higher end subs will be louder. It's their opinions though. . . my wall with 4 15s were the lowest end that Sundown had but was still doing a 54 at 29Hz on a Sundown SAZ-3k and I HIGHLY doubt I could've done that with two higher end Z's at the same frequency. Just my .02. . . love the look and AWESOME creativity.
Old 09-01-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

looks pretty slick. you do anything special with the amp setup?
Old 09-01-2014
Learning Civic Owner

LoL I don't think OP is even logging in anymore but couldn't help but respond to the "Not As Good As 2 JL 12s HaHa remember, this thread is 2 and a half years old
Old 09-01-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

HA! I didn't even pay attention to the OP post date.
Old 09-01-2014
Learning Civic Owner

No biggie LoL do you have a setup yourself or no?
Old 09-02-2014
Registered!!

TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by epayne84
I dont care what people think, just because they are lower end doesn't necessarily mean that 2 higher end subs will be louder. It's their opinions though. . . my wall with 4 15s were the lowest end that Sundown had but was still doing a 54 at 29Hz on a Sundown SAZ-3k and I HIGHLY doubt I could've done that with two higher end Z's at the same frequency. Just my .02. . . love the look and AWESOME creativity.
I wasn't making a generalization, I was talking about specific subs. If you had any experience with Alpine subs, you would completely understand what I am talking about. You put any significant amout of power into the E series and they will start popping. They can't handle power.
Unless you are installing them in a 5th order bandpass box and comparing them to 2 JL 12's in a 1 cu ft sealed box, they will never out perform the JLs. It's a matter of physics, not opinion.

I wasn't bagging on his work at all. I was just surprised at the choice of subs. Information on the project and budget didn't come into play until later.

(and if you only hit 54db with 4 15's you were doing something wrong )
Old 09-02-2014
Learning Civic Owner

You want to understand that a LOT of people dont bother putting the 1 before their last two number making the resulted numbers a "154" or for example how I was in the "49.9" class for Bass Race. Now consider a 154 with 4 of the lowest end Sundown SA-15s alongside a SINGLE Sundown SAZ-3k. I dont want to hear I was doing something wrong at all PLUS it was at 29Hz HaHa. Also, back the the Alpine's. . . cut down on cown on cone area and slap in a ported because Type R's dont seem to enjoy sealed from what I've seen in the past then you have what can be OKAY versus 3x the cone area plus less power consumption because those Type R's on 400RMS/ is going to be tough to get to outperform the cone area of 6 Type E's. So now in order to make the Type R's worth it you must also get more power which is more money. Looks like he is spending more money just to use less subs on more power with less cone area. THAT is a fact. He could have slapped 2 Type Xs in there also but same thing with the Rs. . . more power needed and less cone area.
Old 09-03-2014
Registered!!

I knew you meant 154db. 54 wouldn't be much louder than a low voice. That's why the lol characters. I was just messing with you as some people wouldn't understand
Old 09-04-2014
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i think that setup is freaking awesome. why not. you can have a very wide range of clean bass without overdrive the woofer.