I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

no horn

Old 04-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
instalher is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool no horn

hey guys my horn stopped working the other day, so i took off my steering wheel, dropped my bumper and began to diagnose the issue.. the horn is grounded to the chassis and has one wire running to it which has to be a 12volt line.. i pulled the horn off and tested on my test bench and it works fine.. then i tested the wire for voltage. when i push in the horn button zero out of the line.. now at the steering wheel the brown wire needs to see ground.. and the horn needs voltage, meaning there is a relay somewhere that i am missing.. am i right in assuming this and if so would you know where it is located.. all fuses are ok..
Old 04-20-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: no horn

Engine compartment fusebox,
fuse 7, 15A,
and a relay.
Should be labeled with a picture of a horn on the diagram in the lid of the fusebox.
May be middle relay nearest the fender.
You should be able to hear it click when you beat on the horn button (hood up, lid off of the box, reaching in the window).

I can test all 3 sections of the circuit--from the relay socket--with a test light--and know what the next step should be in about one minute. It takes longer to find a wiring diagram than it takes to test this part of it.
I would have started with this, so zero wasted effort in finding the horn or horn button until I know for sure what direction I need to go.

HTH