I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

sufficient bass with upgraded speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about
Re: sufficient bass with upgraded speakers?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ml#post4588212

CraigW just posted the link to the master sheet for civic on the other thread.

Darn, I just realized that he finished the installation, lol.
Old 02-20-2012
Registered!!

stewartfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I installed the fronts today, and I must say that my attitude has changed immensely. The overall sound quality as far as balance between treble, bass, and mids, is beautiful IMO, but since I broke some of the clips on the rear deck, there's a slightly annoying rattle coming from the rear deck, but it's substantially less annoying than before. Somehow, one of the clips that holds in the 3rd brakelight had come undone, which is what I believe to be the culprit.

Though, the question remains: If I buy new clips for the deck, how can I install them without them breaking? And where would you recommend buying them? I can't see getting from my local dealership, as they cost at least $1/clip, I'd assume. I checked at O'reilley and NAPA for the clips and they didn't have any. Only other place would be the dealership. Anyone gotten some off eBay?
Old 02-20-2012
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Before taking it apart again to put in new clips, try just stuffing some fabric or foam between the rear deck and the metal from inside the trunk. Might work.
Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

stewartfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by got2run5
Before taking it apart again to put in new clips, try just stuffing some fabric or foam between the rear deck and the metal from inside the trunk. Might work.
Yeahh, I tried that before and it worked for a short period, and then the rattles came back. I just ordered 40 clips off Amazon for $8, cause my trial of Amazon Prime expires tomorrow, so I took advantage of the free 2Day shipping for the last time. Hopefully they're the right size!
Old 09-22-2012
I'm back...

RavensHonor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
You'd either need a speaker bracket, or a spacer, or remove your trunk springs
I came here looking for a solution to my trunk spring contacting my magnets and I guess this is the only answer. Would the trunk springs making contact be keeping my magnets from manipulating the cone to it's full potential? I just installed the exact same speakers in a friends car and his rears have much better bass response than mine. He is powering them using a stock HU compared to my aftermarket HU.
Old 09-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RavensHonor
I came here looking for a solution to my trunk spring contacting my magnets and I guess this is the only answer. Would the trunk springs making contact be keeping my magnets from manipulating the cone to it's full potential? I just installed the exact same speakers in a friends car and his rears have much better bass response than mine. He is powering them using a stock HU compared to my aftermarket HU.
The trunk spring contacting the speaker should not affect the speakers bass response. You should be able to adjust the bass to compensate for differences in the HUs.
Old 09-27-2012
Registered!!

dred is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO you need a sub
there is no comparing a system with a sub and without if
all things are equal