I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

03 Civic EX Sedan - Does it have remote keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012
03 Civic EX Sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shesabeauty is an unknown quantity at this point
03 Civic EX Sedan - Does it have remote keyless entry?

Just bought an 03 Civic EX Sedan. My question is how can I tell if it has the remote keyless entry feature? Bought it off a used car lot, only came with 2 sets of keys but no FOB transmitters. I thought this was a standard feature on this model? Also having problems with the driver side power door lock...have to use the key to lock and unlock the door, however neither key is working to lock the door. Read that this is a common problem on this model (actuator dead?). I want to get this fixed but before I do I want to confirm that the car has the remote keyless entry. How do I find out if it does? Btw - the car has an aftermarket stereo installed (not the OEM radio) so I don't know if that matters. Done some research and found I could buy used OEM remote transmitters for this model if it does indeed have the remote keyless feature. Can anyone help me out? Would really appreciate it!
Old 01-13-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 03 Civic EX Sedan - Does it have remote keyless entry?

EX for USA came with keyless. Buy remote and program it yourself.

The power lock needs to work correctly though.
Old 01-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like the cylinder was changed. It does not spin at all? DId you try spraying it maybe its stuck?
Old 01-13-2012
03 Civic EX Sedan

shesabeauty is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replies. The driver side door lock does not pop up or down even if I try to manually make it do so. I've tried using both keys to lock/unlock the door, but no luck. The key does not turn in the door lock. So right now, I cannot lock the door. All other doors lock/unlock just fine (manually and with power switch on driver's door panel. The key works to lock/unlock the passenger side door but not the driver's side. Do you think it is just the locking mechanism that has gone bad? I'm hoping this is not an expensive fix. Once I get that fixed I plan to buy a remote transmitter off ebay so I can use the keyless entry (hoping this works!).
Old 01-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like a mechanical problem with the lock. Going to have to pull the door panel and take a look. The rod might be hung up or bent or broke.
The following users liked this post:
Littlemissy (03-08-2020)
Old 06-23-2018
Registered!!

JScott0822 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 03 Civic LX, how would I find out if I have a key-less entry? In my neighborhood I need to lock my car. I need to find out without a dealer if i can just to save money. Any advise would help, thanks everyone.
Old 06-23-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JScott0822
I have a 03 Civic LX, how would I find out if I have a key-less entry? In my neighborhood I need to lock my car. I need to find out without a dealer if i can just to save money. Any advise would help, thanks everyone.
Looks like for USA 2003 LX the keyless entry was still a dealer installed accessory.

You'll have to see if your car had it installed. Get the dealer accessory install instructions and see if the module is mounted in the specified location

You should be able to find the install instructions in this link: http://estore.honda.com/