I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Factory Alarm Honk Changed

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k5reverb will become famous soon enough
Factory Alarm Honk Changed

Hey I have a 05 civic reverb. I think i have a factory alarm with keyless entry. Usually when i unlock my car it honks 2 times at 1/2 of the horn volume. Now it Honks loud for 1/2 second before the 2 normal honks. It sounds like it sets the alarm off for 1/2 second before unlocking. My friend has a 05 civic si and his keyless entry remote looks the same as mine and his car makes no noise at all when locking and unlocking. Does anybody know how to fix this, or know how to disable to unlocking sounds.
Its getting really annoying!!!
Thanks,
Old 12-11-2011
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Factory Alarm Honk Changed

That kind of sounds like the accessory alarm. Factory alarm only honks once, I think. Look in your owners manual.

Google Honda bulletin 05-025 and see if that might address your issues.

Find the accessory alarm user guide and read it. It has info about putting the unit in different modes. http://asaha.com/ebook/zMDI0OTUw/2001-2005-Civic-2-4-Door-Operating-Instructions-Security.pdf
That link may or may not be right....

The remotes may look the same but could still be different. Factory and accessory look very similar.
If the SI doesn't honk, it may have been set that way (if that's even possible, I think SI had only the factory alarm available. Would take more research.)
Or a bad hood switch might keep it from arming the alarm.