I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

My Ghetto Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UnderDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking My Ghetto Setup

Ok...I'm currently set up with a Kenwood system. Only problem is my subs...Just hear me out.

I have a KDC-205 cd player that I received as payment for doing another install.
Name:  imagesqtbnANd9GcTqZnHTMWCefR4-qg0Pd6cbajXIy-Im3N9rmnpFSqGjNAorVUN6.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  7.2 KB
22 Wattx4 (50 MAX) That goes to all my stock speakers...

Following, I have my KAC-7202 amp.150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (230 watts x 2 at 2 ohms) 460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
Name:  h113KAC7202-f_mtp.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  14.8 KB

Now, that was pushing my 2 KFC W2503's..Name:  kfcw2503.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  9.3 KB
at only 130RMS(500 MAX) they were WONDERFULLY loud in a bandpass...Sadly, they are gone..

I am not the kind of person to go without my bass. Sorry...I just can't do it...There, lies our problem.
The only subs I had lying around were some old-*** Kenwood(of course) JL620W's...ya ready?
Name:  imagesqtbnANd9GcR6EFE8MWUPR6_avCaiYRs_pmpeif_qePC2NQfPsJz7B80v70aGNA.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  11.0 KB120 Watt MAX 8 ohms 10"...
Definitely NOT what I was thinking when I thought of new subs...Sadly, this is my life.
I've got two of these boxes. I'm just trying to think of the best way to rig these things. Currently, they are just laying in the trunk, in all their glory.. I'm thinking of taking out the tweeter and mid-range and jigsawing a hole out for the other, just throwing them both in the one box...

Other than that, I'm lost. I'm just trying to think of something I can do for now, until I get some money saved up for a decent box....

Just thought I would give everyone something to laugh at for the night. (none of those pictures are mine)

Rock on...

Last edited by UnderDog; 06-26-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: My Ghetto Setup

Hahah epic.
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can make that work you can earn yourself some mad props
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

lol if i was you i would order this its what im currently using hooked up to a kenwood KAC-7252 basically the same amp you have. the quality is amazing for the price and also the sound i have been beating the crap out of mine for 3 years now they won't die they also survived a roll over accident i had and its extremely lite like under 30 pounds.
http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/m...B12/detail.asp
this is the company website
http://www.powerbassusa.com/ps-wb12
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

That's not a bad looking box. Especially for that sale price. I just hope I can find some good deals when I get a little cash saved up.

Ya know...for how they're in now...it doesn't sound 'that bad'...well, still pretty bad. But, better then stock. But, I'm going to get my brothers jigsaw tomorrow, and see what I can do. At least I've got two boxes, just in case I screw it up.
Old 06-25-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanna get a used Kicker zx750.1 but the stock alt is junk 70amp. Plus the ELD holds back an alt if you get a new one.grrrrrr.

so you got that box of speakers in your trunk. Thats almost as ghetto as having a power inverter powering a boombox in the backseat!
Old 06-26-2011
Registered!!

Oh, I know how much junk the stock alt is. Before I got rid of my bandpass every light in car would dim out every time the bass hit.

I actually have 2 of those boxes in my trunk. Sad note, the wifey went shopping yesterday, and decided to not watch where she was throwing things. Put a hole through one. I, unfortunately didn't notice it until the bass ripped the hole a lot bigger. So, some rubber cement should take care of that...

My brother has yet to bring the jigsaw by, but, I have measured and diagramed everything. Will be placing both subs in one box. there does appear to be just enough room to do this.

Cookout tomorrow. Mr. Yuengling Lager shall be in attendance. So, me and a few friends should have some fun putting this thing together. Wish me luck!
Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

Sorry about the wait...been kinda hectic around here lately....

Name:  0702110110.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  33.4 KB

There she is! In all her glory...The tear in the one woofer was rubber cemented, then duct taped. Then, sharpie'd black, for good measure...Like I said before, she barely fit in there. I wish the other woofer would've been mounted closer to the bottom of the enclosure..

So, I'm pretty sure my stereo setup isn't going to break any decibel records. But, it does add that extra pound to bass notes, and honestly, I don't think they sound half bad at pretty low to medium volume..Of course, if I crank it I get so much distortion I actually fear my subs will explode! lol. Still gotta work out the amp tuning...
I just hope they last me until I can get something together to buy some new subs. Which could actually be a good little while..Keep your fingers crossed for these little kenwoods!
Old 07-02-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Kabooooooooooooooooom
Old 07-02-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

In all honesty, I'd just sell the boxes, and buy a decent proper sub and build a proper box
Assuming you have the know how.

Especially, theres not a lot of car amps that'd power 8ohm speakers properly. Come to think of it, i don't think there are any.
Old 07-05-2011
Registered!!

I am saving to buy at least a decent sub. But, the money situation is EXTREMELY tight around the house right now. So, I pretty much am just going with what I've got. My brother has some no name 15" that I'm(hopefully) getting later this week. Which, if nothing else, is actually a sub that was meant for a car.

Being a basshead sure is expensive...But, just soo much fun.
Old 07-05-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UnderDog
Being a basshead sure is expensive...But, just soo much fun.
Tell me about it...
I bought my original JL 12W3 with Xplod amp for $150
After about a year, I upgraded to JL 500/1v2 amp for $200
And now I want to upgrade to a W6 sub... gonna cost me another $200
@__@