I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

key light comes on engine cuts out

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
debbie is an unknown quantity at this point
key light comes on engine cuts out

when im driving the key light keeps coming on and the engine cuts out,it will start again but then it keeps happening again.the car is automatic i dont no if that makes any difference.Please can anyone tell me whats making this happen.
Old 03-16-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: key light comes on engine cuts out

this forum is for 8th generation civics = they are not even on sale yet. so i guess your problem is psychosomatic - you just imagining stuff.

please look where to post before posting anywhere that you think it's suited for you, it might not suit too well to us.
Old 03-16-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

green key is the immobilizer security system. if the light comes on while driving, it means the main computer is not recognizing the key code, which causes fuel to be cut off and disables the engine. if its under warranty, take it back. its a big mess to fix and replace those parts. also make sure you only have one coded key on your keyring.
Old 03-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
debbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for your help.