I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

01 civic dash lights and gauge needles dont work

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
choppinbladz is an unknown quantity at this point
01 civic gauge and tail lights stopped working

Ok this might possibly be related to my latest stereo installation because that's when it happened but I checked all my connections and everything was hooked properly so it could be a coincidence. When I turn on my headlights, the gauge lights and the tail lights dont work. But the brake lights do work. And then get this. I have an Alpine alarm and when I lock or unlock it flashes my lights. When I do this, the gauge lights and tail lights still come on with the flash. WTF?!
Old 11-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
choppinbladz is an unknown quantity at this point
01 civic dash lights and gauge needles dont work

I messed up and accidentally hooked the video disabling wire from my Kenwood KVT-512 up to my antenna wire I think. Anyway when I fired it up for a test I suddenly noticed the unmistakable smell of burning electronics. I quickly shut off and checked everything and noticed my blunder and fixed it. Now, my dash lights and just the needles on my gauges no longer work. I have aftermarket gauges and they are hooked up to a different relay I suppose because they still work. They are the only part on my car I did not install myself so I'm not exactly sure how they are hooked up but they have worked for years. I had replaced all my dash lights with blue LEDs which was a very tedious soldering job so I'm very disappointed I can no longer see them. I'm not sure what I burned out but I need to know so I can replace it. I can't see anything obvious underneath my dash. Any help is greatly appreciated.