I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

aftermarket projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dustysaw is an unknown quantity at this point
aftermarket projector headlights

Hey guys, just wanted to know which brand for the aftermarket projector ''halo'' headlights are the best, the ones that are blacked out. Its for a 2002 four door.
Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

johnplus8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: aftermarket projector headlights

Oh, can someone tell me if that even possible?
Old 10-27-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I like my TYCs with an HID retrofit and custom angel eyes more than I like straight up aftermarket halos.. but that's just my opinion. The light output's gonna be **** compared to stock.. just sayin..
Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

Cool okay, i've been lookin into the brand Anzo, theyre apparently really good, although compared to TYC they're quite a bit more pricey. They're like 230 a pair, whereas the TYC are like 140...but they both look the same. You havent had any problems with them? no leaking or fogging?
Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

Oh and I wanna try and change the lights myself, is it a difficult task??
Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

I have TYC tails and I have yet to find any problems with them. Had them for over 3 years now.

You can definitely install them yourself. They will require removal on some stuff though. Do a search for a DIY
Old 10-27-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Bumper is held on by a bunch of bumper clips and 4 screws (2 front-under, 1 in each wheel well), each headlight is held on by 4-10mm bolts. With TYC headlights, you have to reseal them or they'll start to fog up. The light output on aftermarket projectors are terrible though. Just a fair warning.
Old 10-27-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

they ALL suck....but the best aftermarket is TYC...but they do cost a tad more. and yes, ive had em all.
Old 10-28-2010
Administrator
Administrator

here's what my TYCs with custom angel eyes looks like.. The housings are also color matched to my car.

Daytime
Name:  SDC13441.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  72.8 KB
Lit up
Name:  SDC13424.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  41.3 KB

and mine are also retrofitted with HIDs (i.e. a real HID projector fitted in to the headlight housings, in my case, projectors from a TSX) so the light output doesn't suck.. at all.. I can't take credit for doing my retrofit though, as I bought them from electric130
Old 10-28-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for tycs being the best quality (but still worse than oem)
+1 for the projectors they come with being suck, you need to swap it out
+1 for painting the housing any color you want
+1 for resealing the lights with butyl 3M windoweld ribbon otherwise they leak from factory

i have tycs (chrome) with audi a4 hid projectors

Name:  hidplvidcphires-1.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  68.3 KB

Last edited by gearbox; 10-28-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-28-2010
Administrator
Administrator

That 3m windoweld **** is pretty easy to work with, too
Old 10-28-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

My anzo's finally started fogging after almost 2 years.
Light sucks but better than my tired, old and scratched stock ones.
OP, just go to the next forum (lightning) and check the DIY posted there for instructions on doing the retrofit for the TYC.
Will not post link, it's just on top of the page
Old 10-28-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
That 3m windoweld **** is pretty easy to work with, too
where do u guys get this stuff?!?!?!?
Old 10-28-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i got it from kragen. napa also has their own stuff under a different name. it comes on a roll and you just stretch it or cut it however much you need. its sticky and squishy so you just fill up the inner channel, then push the two sides together. you prolly need heat to soften it when closing, and pliars to clamp one section at a time. this stuff is great for sealing up led projects too. i have it holding in all my led stuff in the heads, fogs, and markers. just do not use it on open electrical connections because it does slightly conduct electricity.
Old 10-28-2010
Registered!!

Sounds good, well i ended up going with the anzo's i got a really good deal, plus its free shipping. So what do i need in terms of bulbs? I really have no idea lol like do i use the same bulbs i have now?
Old 10-28-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Should be H1 sized bulbs, one for high beam, one for low beam.. The parking/turn signals should be the same. They usually come with the bulbs, too.. Usually
Old 10-29-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

mine are H1 and H4 Anzo.
Also, they come with the bulbs...
Old 10-29-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
where do u guys get this stuff?!?!?!?
I couldn't find that **** anywhere, so I nabbed a "roll" off amazon.com.. Came out to like 15 bucks shipped or so. Less than $20 shipped is all I know
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!

EM2 Rookie is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a pair of tyc projectors if u want?!
Name:  1287802376951.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  23.6 KB
and a pair of halo projectors
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  60.6 KB
im running oem's right now

Last edited by EM2 Rookie; 11-05-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-13-2010
Registered!!

civic sid is an unknown quantity at this point

Nissan makes a very good sealant for the headlights you can use it is only about $20.00 at the parts counter. It comes in strips and is the exact same thing they use to seal the headlights at the factory. No fogging no leaks.
Old 11-14-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

thx dood! i'm getting some lamps soon and don't want em fog'in.
Old 12-29-2010
Registered!!

luismiguel is an unknown quantity at this point

noob here, used to own a crx si way back in the day and now just got a 2002civic,

got myself am si cluster (what a pain to install) and tints and leathers..

LOVE the halo projectors, but yes i have heard and seen they are soo dim... can i just setup HID with projectors for good lighting?

thanks!!