I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

HELP!!! So many problems!!

Old 06-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itzmaryy is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!!! So many problems!!

Hey guys,

I drive a 2001 honda civic ex coupe.

So 2 weeks ago all of the sudden (at the same time) a bunch of stuff stopped working in my car. the problems are:

1. My a/c does not work, blowing out hot air
2. My remote / keyless entry does not work (already checked the batteries)
3. My car does not lock unless i manually do it by pushing it down or using the key from the outside.
4. My e-brake light is on constantly
5. My intermittent wiper blades & mist does not work. Although when i use the mist, washer fluid comes out but the blades does not mvoe.

I did some research on the forums and it might be the Multiplex control unit/system controls all of it, but I'm not sure. Someone please help me!!!!

Thanks
Old 06-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: HELP!!! So many problems!!

Damn I never even heard of a multiplex contol unit. Id start by checking fuses
Old 06-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigaudiofanatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Check under the hood that all your ground wires are connected. Sounds like one came off also check that the ac belt has not come off. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Old 06-14-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

is your brake fluid low? do you hear the compressor and fans turn on when you use the a/c?
Old 06-14-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Here is the list for the items controlled by the multiplex unit. There are also individual fuses that protect the multiplex unit. It is possible that one of those has opened up. There are quite a few threads on these units having problems.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
01-05 Multiplex Theory.pdf (98.1 KB, 122 views)
Old 06-14-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Here is the info for the 2 & 4 door under dash boxes... I would check each fuse that list the multiplex unit.
Attached Files