I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

AIR HORNS want to instal but few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2MAGMET914 can only hope to improve
AIR HORNS want to instal but few questions

ok..so heres the story...just about every ricer n trucker out there has air horns on their cars n its kinda annoying hearing these lil squeeks everywhere..but i went with my cuzzin other day to a local shop n they had air horns by HELLA n these were nothing like the strauss n autozone brand OMG these were good and crazy loud so i kinda got to liking em and want some on my car....but i was thinkin of getting 2 sets...one for each side of car or each horn im replacing hehe...question is....can i just wire the pos/neg that went to the oem horns to the compressor for the air? is it throwing 12v??? or less?? cuz if its 12v thn ill just put one compressor on each side for each horn and thts 2 sets good loudness anyone here do airhorns?? at first i wanted a firetruck or a 18wheeler horn in car so i can show off to those whimpy ricer horns lol but this one is good cuzzin said a friend had a train horn in there ooo id like to see tht..but yea bak to my questions...does the 05civic lx throw out 12v to the horns? can i just throw airhorns on there?? thnxxx
Old 09-27-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AIR HORNS want to instal but few questions

whoa! first calm down a bit!
Old 09-27-2008
Registered!!

EM2MAGMET914 can only hope to improve

lol sorry i kinda got this habit of writing alot n its 430 am n IDKY im soo hyper lol sorry if i make ppl read alot....help is greatly appreicated
Old 09-27-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

yes it's 12v, but that's a constant 12v and i'm guessing your compressor is gonna draw more amps than the wire is rated for. so it would be a bad idea to just connect it there. just run a 12v source with a big enough wire to your compressor (with a fuse of course) and connect the horn actuator to the standard horn's 12v source, or something like that.

let us know how that works out for you.
Old 09-27-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...mpressors.html
Old 09-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Actually.. I was in a shop yesterday and came across a compressorless dual air horn by hella. I was thinking about getting it because I drive the highway a lot (mostly between school and home) and I had two close calls where the guy coming into my lane couldnt see or hear me with the stock horn and a louder horn would of saved me. A lot of people dont realize our horns are ineffective on the highway, as in- you cant hear it at all. I can hardly hear it when I'm in the car, doubt someone else can right next to you, even with their window down. Here is the part number: 3FH 007 424-801 (12v)
UPC: 4 082300 070538

This will take a minute to load, check page 5:
http://www.hella.co.za/DownLoads/Hella%20Accecories.pdf

It was 30 bucks at a shop around here.
Old 09-27-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

I'm in the same boat Triz, I do a lot of highway driving between school and home. I put in an air horn with a mini compressor. It's just a bit louder than your average vehicle horn, but a million times louder than the stock horn. I think it's already saved me a few times because semis usually can't see or hear us. It's also a relatively easy mod.