I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

my amp has returned from Audiotekx

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jrock will become famous soon enoughjrock will become famous soon enough
my amp has returned from Audiotekx

I just recieved my amp, as it has returned from being repaired. I had a blown output so it was repiared and sent back to me for 80 bucks and it includes a 60 day warranty for piece of mind. I am going to take apart everything and rewire the sub and box and make sure everything is correct....then hook it up....and not do stupid crap like touch wires and what not. I will also make sure to unhook the battery this time as well....hahaha

I will keep my fingers crossed and hopefully I will have some boom from my 1222d in a few hours when I get off work!
Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

Re: my amp has returned from Audiotekx

and is now installed and I'm bumping. Lesson learned, take your time when messing with the amp or any electrical crap for that matter! Haste makes waste!
Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

koketsucivic is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the same thing when I installed my drop down DVD screen in my other car. Crossed wires and blew the DVD player unit. Lesson learned..
Old 12-10-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i dropped a stupid screw between the power and ground of the amp somehow and had a cool spark show for a few secs until i figured out how to pull it out lol. lucky nothing happened.
Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

thats crazy
Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

coolest thing i ever did was drop the wrench i was using to undo my battery wire and it landed between the posts... lots of sparks and melted the old battery posts in half... definitely very careful with that now...
Old 12-10-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i had a car battery in my room once testing hids, and it was sitting on top of the water heater. well the metal pipe mustve touched something wrong, cause the next thing i knew there was a pop and the battery wouldnt even work again for a few mins. the wires were so hot i couldnt hold them lol.

then another time i was at a car wash bay, there was alot of mist going in the air, and all of a sudden i hear a really loud bang like a firework just exploded, i look over and the lil brush attachment thing has its wires all sliced up and a ghetto tape wrapped around it. i sprayed water on it and another bang, followed by all the lights dimming lol. that was kinda dangerous tho.

anyway back on topic
Old 12-11-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrock
and is now installed and I'm bumping. Lesson learned, take your time when messing with the amp or any electrical crap for that matter! Haste makes waste!
also, make sure you turn power off when making wiring changes. either disconnect the battery or remove the main power fuse.