I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Problem loading CD with SE/Reverb 6 disc unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem loading CD with SE/Reverb 6 disc unit

Hey Guys,

I just got my SE 6 disc unit the other day and I installed it yesterday. Everything works great with one exeption.

If i try to load CD's, I press the load button and all it does is flash "busy" and blink the red light and nothing happens. All other functions work great (radio, aux) but for some reason i cant figure out what is going on with the CD loading.

It would be helpful if i had the instructions for the deck to possibly trouble shoot but i dont have them as they are part of the owners manual.

I beleive the unit just may need to be re-set, but i dont see a reset button on the unit itself. I have tried unplugging the unit and that didnt work either.

Any ideas? anyone have this problem? or if someone with a EX/LX SE or reverb could look in their manual for me and hopefully shed some light on this. What is the proper procedure for loading anyway? press load and it should accept cd's right away, correct?

thanks!
Old 02-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you need to reset it, are you sure there no tiny button on the front, like something you need a pen to push? every radio needs to be reset once installed (even aftermarket) or things work wrong. have you tried holding the eject button, a big pic of the face would help.
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

hey, thanks alot for the reply.

The deck is just the regular SE Cd changer, a pic of one is in this thread:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-properly.html

the guy posting that thread actually had the same problem that i am having. You are right though, most have a reset button though i dont see one on this deck. I did try holding the eject and load buttons, didnt really do anything....

any more ideas?

thanks
Old 02-11-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
so this is the one that you can stuff 6 cds in and change between them? did you put any disc in already? i guess i dont understand what problem is. is the eject not giving you the cd back? or are you putting one in and you cant load anymore, cause you have to wait for it to load the first one. and i think its bad to load it while driving. it almost sounds like something happened to the changer mechanism. cause the deck thinks like the first cd hasnt loaded and it wont let you put more in til it does.
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

the problem is, as soon as i installed the deck, i tried to load a cd by pressing the "load" button, when i do that, the deck doesnt really do anything, it just says "busy". There are no CD's in the unit itself.

I beleive a reset may just do the trick, but i have no clue how to do it.
Old 02-11-2007
Premium Member

um have you tried putting in a cd? lol
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

yess... a disc cannot be fed into the unit, the slot is physically blocked just in behind the flaps....
Old 05-31-2018
Registered!!

ReverbDaily is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problem loading CD with SE/Reverb 6 disc unit

I know this threads 11 years old, but did you end up figuring out the issue? I'm having the same problem with the Reverb I just bought used
Old 08-25-2018
Registered!!

HondaHead786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problem loading CD with SE/Reverb 6 disc unit

Having exactly the same issue... anybody got any ideas?