I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

How difficult...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WNxKeyeesEX2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
How difficult...

How do you install a sub? I have no experience installing any kind of sound equipment in my car. I would like the sub to be in my trunk. I plan to only buy one sub at first but eventually a second one. Also is it necessary to install an aftermarket head unit?
Old 07-07-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
If you know nothing about audio equipment, I woldnt try it!

you could fry your amp, sub, or worse your self!!!

Electrical burns HURT!!! I can tell you first hand!

good luck!
Old 07-07-2006
Registered!!

WNxKeyeesEX2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
My question then is, how do i learn?
Old 07-07-2006

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Ahhhhh!

Step one) power wire form battery to amp.

2) Connect remote wire to amp!

3) Ground amp. (Search the site its been discussed where exactly to ground it)

4) Put subs & amp in the trunk. Run speaker wire from amp to sub.

5) Plug in RCA's.

And BUMP!!!

I assume you are going to get an after market deck. But you don’t need one.

This is a very ROUGH explanation. So feel free to ask me any more questions you have.

Also specs of amp & sub will come in hand. So we can find out what OHM to wire your sub(s) too.

Any who! Get ready to get schooled on audio equipment...
Old 07-07-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
if you don't want an aftermarket deck get a hi-low signal converter, to plug the RCA's into.
Old 07-07-2006

True ^ but your Subs will act as a speaker and not crossover only bass...

But I have a converter...

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 07-07-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
If you have a good electronics knowledge, wiring this stuff up is actually tedious and can be really boring.

If not, research until you feel like you can answer any questions about it, then install it. If you don't know everything about it, then don't wire it up. Wiring stuff up incorrectly can cost you thousands of dollars.