I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

no more optima yellow for the honda civic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006
Electric Boogaloo...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
The red top is about 92 bucks at autozone. Should be plenty of battery.
Old 07-15-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by D17thgen
update:

standard optima yellow top battery size is the group D34/78 (or just group 34...which is exactly the same but without the side terminal posts). $180 +tax at pepboys or autozone.

i installed the D34/78 optima yellow into an 03 civic coupe automatic with some slack and i would say its close to direct fit. i was able to keep my bottom plastic tray which is good. however, the optima yellow D34/78 was wider and longer overall so it was kind of sitting on the edges of the bottom plastic tray...nothing serious. as for the tie down latch, i used up all the threads and still had space inbetween. the battery tie down that connects to the chassis of the car frame was a piece of cake. what i did was pull the tie down and forced it to fit the bolt back on. the tie down bar will touch against the plastic top of the battery (which optima doesnt recommend you do for i dont know what reason). everything turned out to be a super snug fit and works fine so far

i can take pics of the finished install per request

they are 165 at costco and if you have a lot of electrical crap in your car I would honestly go for a yellow top, I have a cap for the system and a yellow top and I still can occasionally see my lights dim against a wall, nothing compared to what happened before the yellow top though
Old 07-16-2006
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Personally, were it me, I wouldn't spend the extra money for the yellow top. They won't make that much of a difference with the car running versus the red top. With the car off, it'll last a tad longer. I'd get the battery, and do the big 3 upgrade. If you still have noticable dimming, try a cap if you desire. It may or may not fix it. Alternator would be the last step.