I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

capacitor wiring...

Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
capacitor wiring...

can comeon ehelp me.. how do i wire up my capacitor to my amp?? i nee dhelp asap..thanks
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

C-Mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HwNpRyDe_CiViC
can comeon ehelp me.. how do i wire up my capacitor to my amp?? i nee dhelp asap..thanks
All you should have to do if run the power from the battery into the capacitor and then the power to the amp. You can use it like a distribution block. Otherwise, if you already have a distribution block installed, pick one of the unused slots and run a power wire to the capicator and ground it appropriately. That's all!!
Old 04-27-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
make sure ur cap gorund and amp ground are different
Old 04-27-2006

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
?????

makes no sense jeffsta - I use distro blocks for both consolidated power and grounds and to keep it clean it makes the most sense to use a single ground..
Old 04-28-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
i was always told to keep em seperate...dont know just figured it was useful info
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
If you use seperate grounds you'll cause ground loops (noise). Use one single ground for ALL of your equipment! Some people go as far as to use that one single ground even on their head unit. Check out www.the12volt.com they have all the information you'd ever need for car stereo systems.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
the single ground is a good thing

yes u are right it all grounds eventually to the battery

but multiple groudns means multiple traces of ground power running through the car etc because it takes the path of least resistance. SO a ground up near the c pillar may run noise fastest through the roof. int he tire well. then maybe the sub frame.

so you have grounds running all over hte car because ideally they dont run togethor heh

try to ground in one location. and ive found that if u can ground right to your sub frame or damn close its the best for noise reduction. and then connect (-) of battery to same freame piece

my two cents
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
does any one have a pic of how i can do this or simple instructions im lost.. so where does my power and grounds go and .. ohh oo.. pics would help alot. or simple step by step instruction..
Old 05-01-2006

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
here's my cap - not the best pic but I'll explain it as best I can. I'd recommend at least one distribution block to consolidate your grounds, a second block if you are running more than one amp to consolidate power leads. The capacitor wires inline between your battery and amplifier(s).

The red wire goes to battery, the power lead coming off of it connects to a distro block connecting power leads from my two amps. The black lead directly below connects to a distro block consolidating my ground leads.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	05-01-06_1024.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	66095  
Old 05-01-2006
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Ground the amp and cap at the same point (you can use the bolt on the rear seat if you want, as it's already there). There is already a ground point at the rear of the trunk area under the plastic piece that's above the jack (if I remember correctly). It'll be identified by a green screw. You can also ground there (I like this spot as it's already a ground spot for more electrical). Another option is to screw a self tapping sheet metal screw into a spot where you clean the paint off and then screw down to (last option, IMHO). This can be anywhere. Run the power wire from the battery back to the trunk (just like wiring an amp). This power wire will go to the positive side of the cap. From there you run the power out (+ out) from the cap to the positive in on the amp. This will give your amp power from the cap.

And for god's sakes man, speak english next time. Your post was a little cluster banged to figure out.