I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

auto folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point
auto folding mirrors

I just got a pair of motorized folding in mirrors imported from out of country. Now i need the circuit box to where they will automatically fold in and out when the car is on or off. anyone know where i can get one for these mirrors ?
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Did You Get The Mirrors Off A Website, If So What Is It????
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

actually i got it off a member on here who had a group buy. he contacted his dealer and got me a pair shipped from taiwan. costed an arm and a leg for shipping but boy is it worth it for some fancy mirrors lol
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Post Some Pics Of What They Look Like
Old 03-28-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, definitely! Sounds sweet...
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

its the ones found on jdm civics in other countries besides the US.
Old 03-28-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
dru106 has them too..when he came to my techday he had to squeeze by a few cars so he folded the mirrors...it was pretty tyte....contact him he'll prolly know...you can also contact www.passwordjdm.com and prolly get the parts
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

yeah i need that control box but instead of having to push a button i want it to do it automatically when the car is on or off.
Old 03-28-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
You bought "Power Folding Mirrors" I "think" you need the relay... not 100% shure though.
Old 03-28-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Originally Posted by Cypher
yeah i need that control box but instead of having to push a button i want it to do it automatically when the car is on or off.

basically you have to wire a relay into your ignition to the acc wire so when ever u turn off the car and it goes into that position it folds in or when u turn it on it folds out
Old 03-28-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone willing to do a DIY?
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
LMAO.
I mean that is pretty cool..hopefully will work.
You know the mirrors remind of ears obviously, and moving one of them is like that monster dude in the Goonies - remember he could move one ear? lol
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

yeah but there has to be a timer in there in order for it to stop at a certain point or it will keep trying to close even though its already closed or opened. I know how to use IC's but I havent delt enough with them to get the timer function in the circuit or how to go about designing the circuit.
Old 03-28-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
It shouldn't be a timer function. It should be a load/resistance function that senses when the mirrors are in/out and the load/resistance changes.
Old 03-28-2006
I just burnt my tongue

its called a relay people...you wire it into your control box where the switch would be so as soon as the acc position is hit the relay (momentary relay or heat controlled relay like auto windows use) it basically completes the circuit so the control unit makes the mirrors fold in than you turn it off...or when ur about to start ur car do the same thing but it opens....i've done enough electrical work to know that...cuz its just basics....look on ebay too they have control modules and stuff
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point
If you calculate the exact time needed for the both mirrors to fold and unfold, you could use a timer circuit like I did. I don't know how the OEM circuit looks like but I am sure they use relay.
How does the auto power window on the driver's door work? You may borrow the similar circuit and modify a little to make it worked on your mirrors.
Like I have posted before, following is my circuit I am using for my mirrors.

Folding mirrors video. "Save as" and play

or go ahead and order the OEM relay box. Similar price but less painful!

Last edited by CivicSky; 03-28-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2006
I just burnt my tongue

exactly ....trust the man who originally sold them lol...if i had a sedan i woulda got some a long time ago...good ish on the diagrams too
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

what are the push button switches for if its suppose to be automatic ?
Old 03-28-2006
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Automatic when the car turns off.....

You think a $17K Civic is gonna know when to fold in by itself?

There are times when the car is running and you might need to fold em in
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

The reason i asked for an automatic folding is because i saw a video of a member on here who had adapted the wireing to where they would automatically fold in and out. im not sure which member it is though.

Last edited by Cypher; 03-29-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-29-2006
Premium Member

Ideally, if it WERE automatic, I'd assume you'd want in and out.