I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

help Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rawtalent14 is an unknown quantity at this point
help Please!!!

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
HI,
I had originally hooked up my sony head unit and everything was working fine, when I went to put the rest of my stereo stuff in(both amps, cap, surround speakers), I ran into a little problem other than the fact that the factory speakers clip into the front doors....boo, neway I went to hook the main console back in and font my HU wont turn on
so I tested out the contsant 12V and the remote 12v with my voltmeter, to find the constant doesnt work, then I soon figured out that my keyless remote doesnt work, nor does my door locks when the car is off, nor the chime saying you left your head lights on, I read in another forum that this happened to someone else but they never posted how they fixed it, so I am desperate for help and I dont want to take it to the dealer for them to tell me I voided the warranty. Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-20-2002
Registered!!

SlvrEX5spd is an unknown quantity at this point
just sounds like you blew a fuse , something of the similar happened to me, check the fuse labeled "option" i believe under the hood, little red 10 amp........hope this helps, GL
Old 01-20-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah thats more than likely just a blown fuse, if it keeps blowing then youve got something shorted
Old 01-20-2002
Registered!!

rawtalent14 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks but I already tested every fuse in both boxes with the multimeter and none are blown? still cant figure it out
I am driving around with no door panel and the whole interior torn apart getting really frustrated also since I disconnected the gauges to try to trace the wires I plugged them back in and the famous srs light is on, I read the DIY for the srs and I cant figure out how to make the switch thingy that plugs into the MEM or whatever thing? I am really not liking my new civic, I had an 00 and it was a hell of a lot better but not as fast though
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
if you cant figure it out, put everything back stock and take it to the dealer