I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

LCD question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvilTwin is an unknown quantity at this point
LCD question

I have a question hopefully someone can answer. I'm looking at a Sharp 8.4 TFT Color LCD Screen and the place I want to buy it from doesn't sell it with a controller here is an auction of what it is.*which I guess is necessary since it says "In order to used these with a PC (VGA) or VCR/Tuner (NTSC) you will require a controller board similar to the ones being sold at these two places"*. So in order for it to work I'm guessing I need a controller so I check out earthlcd.com and they have one here *its the EarthVision/PCI one*. Now I'm not good at electronics, so I will probably take it to an electronics shop down here and here is the question:[*]Would it be hard for them to connect the controller to the screen and how much extra would they charge? Plus if I bought this screen could I hook it up to my PS2 or would I need to make some modifications? I hope I was clear enough for someone who doesn't know what they are talking about, lol. Thank you for your help.