I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Kenwood MP3/CD - How To??

Old 01-02-2002
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Kenwood MP3/CD - How To??

Hey everyone, those who have Kenwood MP3/CD Reciever or just any MP3/CD Reciever for their car, I have a question about how to make the actual MP3 cds. I use Nero and on a web site I was browsing through, and it said that with the Kenwood MP3/CD Reciever, when making your cd, you would have to make the cd by these standards :
ISO9660 Level 2.

How do I set Nero Burning ROM to make cds with these settings? Also, on this web site, this is what it said about the Kenwood Reciever :
Auxiliary functions for keys are not illuminated for easy nighttime use.
Faceplate mount seems a little flimsy, when pushing buttons along bottom of face, the faceplate rocks.
CD Navigation and Tuning Controls are on right side farther away from the driver.
Auxiliary Input and Remote Control are OPTIONAL.
Display of long filenames has been complicated by requiring ISO9660 Level 2 (Aiwa will read Joliet)
No audible file scan in MP3 mode, does not display time either

For those that have this Kenwood Reciever, have you experience these problems? Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 01-02-2002
Registered!!

StealthBlack is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmmm I really dont remember what settings I used in Nero but its not that hard to figure out [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I do remember one setting that took forever for the HU to scan the CD. Anyways..

Auxiliary functions for keys are not illuminated for easy nighttime use

Wont use them hardly..

Faceplate mount seems a little flimsy, when pushing buttons along bottom of face, the faceplate rocks.

Yes it does rock a little but thats because it is detachable.....

CD Navigation and Tuning Controls are on right side farther away from the driver.

This would be a problem if your a midget... Otherwise its not a problem

Auxiliary Input and Remote Control are OPTIONAL.

Remote control for your radio.... I think thats the most retard thing, I mean come on you cant reach up and touch the button so you have to buy a little piece of equipment that you will always lose and requires more damn batteries !! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Display of long filenames has been complicated by requiring ISO9660 Level 2 (Aiwa will read Joliet)

Complicated??? If you have an IQ over 2 this wont be a problem..

No audible file scan in MP3 mode, does not display time either

It will not be audible and it shows >>>>>>>>>> when doing a scan through an MP3 but *shurgs* its not that big of a deal. It means the time of the song not the actual time.
Old 01-02-2002
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, you make some good points there. I did figure out how to make these cds with the certain settings using nero, but do I have to put all my mp3s in folders or not? Could you all please explain that for me, besides that one thing, I know how to do everything else. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-03-2002
Registered!!

StealthBlack is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok you can put them all in the root of the CD or make Folders for each Artist, Type of music.. etc...etc..
Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

SickCivic6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Which Kenwood Mp3 are you refering to? I assume you mean the KDC-MP8017 and not the eXcelon Z828. I have a lot of expirience with Mp3 CDs and Mp3 CD players. I first had the Aiwa CDC-Mp3, which when it first came out was pretty decent for the dollar, but now is a disgrace to existance. I now have the Kenwood KDC-MP8017 and am trying to get the eXcelon Z828. Anyway, to get Nero to use the ISO9660 level 2 settings is quite simple. I have Nero 5. When you first open Nero and are in the 'new complilation' box, chose 'CD-ROM(ISO)'. On the file settings tab chose 'ISO Level 2' for the file-/directorynames length, 'ISO 9660' for the character set, and deselect 'Joilet'. Its really quite simple and I seem to have no trouble. I don't know if I told you what you're looking to know. Let me know if you have any questions.