I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Kenwood CD/MP3 Reciever

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Kenwood CD/MP3 Reciever

Hey everyone, I have a question about a Kenwood CD/MP3 Player that I have been looking at to buy for my 01' Civic EX Coupe. I am thinking of buying it off Amazon.com. Here is the link:

Kenwood CD/MP3 Reciever

First of all, will this fit in the place where my stock cd player is in? Second of all, where can I get it installed? I don't want to install if myself for fear that I will screw something up in my car. I live in Houston and I was hoping someone on this site knows where I can get it installed down here. Lastly, is this a good price for this CD/MP3 Reciever and is this a good Reciever overall? Thanks.

Old 12-31-2001
Registered!!

NBPCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
That is a pretty good price on that player. It will fit fine in our cars but I don't know where to have you install it. Is there anyoen you know that has installed them before? It isn't really that hard of an install and a lot of people have done it themselves so maybe there is someone near you that can do it.
Old 12-31-2001
Extreme Member

I understand how to install the cd player in the DIY section until you get to the part where you have to remove the stock cd player, I wish they were a little more detailed when you get to that part when installing a cd player! Thanks for your help!
Old 12-31-2001
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I just got the new Crutchfield mag, and that deck is now 249. Get it there. You can look on Crutchfield.com Link They throw in the Master instruction sheets, Wire harness, and mounting kit. Probably charge you like 5 bucks to ship too from them. I have the same deck. To answer your question, After you unscrew the 2 bottom bolts, you need to pry around the whole area, where the vents are, the hazard button, everything. Be careful, you dont want to mar up the dash. The whole unit will come out, and then you unplug several wiring clips that hook up to those. Than to remove the deck I think there were 4 screws, 2 on each side. It really isnt that hard. I put mine it and it took about an hour. Something happened when in installed mine and than it didnt work. So you want to follow that direction that says to disconnect the battery terminal. I had to go through all my fuses, and that was kind of a pain, but that fixed it. Hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2001
Extreme Member

Thanks anyway, the main reason I am getting it from Amazon is because I have a $100 gift certificate. Does the CD/MP3 Reciever from Amazon have master instructions, wire harness, and mounting kit? Thanks very much for clearing up how to install it too!
Old 12-31-2001
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i doubt amazon does. but harness and kit are about $30 a peice. it's real easy to install. oh and is that the one that flips over? cause circuit city has the kenwood mp3 player that flips over for that price. maybe you could use the $100 for something else...
Old 12-31-2001
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I got a Kenwood CD/MP3 HU for Xmas, and am not sure about installing it either but what the hell, I want to do it, I just need to get the install kit and wiring harness from Crutchfield.

Item Description Price
003HONK809 Dash trim panel kit $10.00
120701721 Receiver harness adapter $10.00

Just in case you wanted to know the info, hope this helps.
I did also find the same products at Sounddomain.com for a better price but I am not sure if they come with the same support and guides as the stuff from Crutchfield does.

Later

Crashoveride
Old 12-31-2001
Registered!!

DxMaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Check this site out for MP3 players:
http://www.highwaymp3.com/

The forum has lots of great info.
Old 12-31-2001
Extreme Member

So if I buy my Kenwood CD/MP3 Player from CrutchField.com, I shouldn't have to buy anything else to install this reciever, everything is included, right?
Old 01-01-2002
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Yea, Crutchfield all the stuff you should need. Hey its my first post for 2002.

Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Daniel420 is an unknown quantity at this point
try ikesound.com that's where I got mine back when it was new for 250... now i imagine it's much cheaper. I saw he was selling in ebay and i went to his site... the prices were more on the site than on ebay so I called and asked to speak to ike... he was realy nice and bargained till we were both satisfied. (i was also buying another $250 in speakers so that may have played a difference)

I haven't had any probs w/ that headunit. I like mine to death. It does the CD text stuff and id tags for mp3 cds. the contrast can be set pretty high (to overcome the glare on the instrument panel... it's at such a terrible angle)

if you had a red theme for your interior the red settings are quite bright... but I don't so i choose the more subtle green.

I installed it my self do you know it's kinda easy [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

SickCivic6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know a way with crutchfield you can get it for $235, with shipping and all installation instructions and harnesses and trim pieces included. Crutchfield has this thing where you can save $25 off your order if you refer a friend. So if you say you were refered by someone they will take the money off YOUR purchase. You can say AC200 19332719 refered you, and you will get the $25 off. Then shipping is $10 so it comes out to $235. Crutchfield is really the best way to go for DIY people because all the installation stuff is free with it. Even if you don't think you can do DIY, Crutchfield makes it easy and has kickass support to help you. I have the same reciever and its really great. I feel I know a lot about this, so if you want you can ask me any questions.
Old 01-05-2002
Extreme Member

thanks for the tip, although I didn't order it yet, I went through the ordering process and it didn't have a place to put that ID# AC200 19332719. Where will it ask me in the ordering online process to put this number in?