I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Mega-newb dvd post?

Old 10-04-2004
Custom Titles are played out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Mega-newb dvd post?

I have a question or a few.. (however many this turns out, i'm sorry because most of them are newb questions )

1)do they make a dash kit that allows for the use of 2 head units? IE (one for the radio and one for like a motorized screen)

2)(i want to use all pioneer products)with that said I saw on Pioneer's site that they don't have just a motorized screen all of them have dvd slots in them.. with that type set up can I wire more than one tv to it.. say if I wanted one in each of the headrests? or would I have to get the dvd receiver (dvh-p5000) and then wire just 3 non-pioneer tv's to it.

(again I have no idea on earth what I am talking about so if anyone would like to go to www.pioneerelectronics.com and find a setup that will work for me i'll give rep point and all the points I have at the time )

All in all I would like to have 3 tv's in my car with 2 head units.. one for the dvd player and one for the radio...

If anyone knows anything i'd appreciate it!

(also, i saw truehonda has a new dvd player/motorized screen for sale is that a good deal? and is that the kinda thing I would have to look at getting since I want 3 tv's?)

RiceRocketeer (newb to I.C.E. )
Old 10-04-2004

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
update: question 1) metra makes the dash kits, but I couldn't find anything that said they made one for a motorized screen and a headunit...

2) I talked to a friend and he said the reciever would probably be better for multiple tvs because it would have more outputs..

(i still am pretty clueless.. and would appreciate any help)
Old 10-04-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
You can get the double din dash kit part number from the deck flip flop thread stickied in this forum.

You can use as many monitors as you want with any video source you want. Just run a single video signal cable to a video amp and you are free to hook up 5, 10, 100, 20,000 screens.

May I ask why you want 2 HU's though?
Old 10-04-2004

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
May I ask why you want 2 HU's though?
I want one in the normal headunit place on the dash and the dvd player I want to take the place of my "12 volt socket thingy".. just a look I think will look good and would like to achieve.. sorry if it seems farfetched or dumb..

Search this Thread