I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2K1 EX Civic Stock Speakers....

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
2K1 EX Civic Stock Speakers....

This may have been posted ages ago but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I was talking to Ludlam about this a while back. I have a Clarion DXZ635MP 52 x 4 in my ride. The speakers are stock...all of them. The thing absolutely pounds and just about everyone thinks I have a small sub in the car.

So then I put a JVC KD-LH3100 in my ex-g/f's 2K3 EX Coupe hoping to get similar results but suprisingly to me it didn't sound that much better than it did with the factory stereo.

I had been wondering why there was such a difference in sound quality. Then I remembered that someone said some of the 2K1 EX's came with Pioneer speakers or something like that. I looked in the trunk of my car and noticed that the magnets were stamped with the Pioneer logo. I'm told that the Civic doesn't come with those speakers so I'm guessing that's where the better sound is coming from.....hope this wasn't too confusing but can someone shed some light on this for me...

thanks!

Last edited by Pharoh; 05-27-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2004
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
i had a 2002 lx and it had pioneer tweeters, 6.5", and 6x9's

on my 2002 si-g/ex the speakers are the same pioneer ones
Old 05-27-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
ok...now I'm just confused. My deck is like 2.5 years old and hers is brand new and a really nice peice too. Why does mine sound so much better? The friggen car thumps like crazy.
Old 05-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
mine, 02, are all pioneer speakers....they sound quite nice!
Old 05-27-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
My 02 speakers are generic. No name on them, and they sounded terrible. Now I have some nice infinity.
Old 05-27-2004
Registered!!

no, actually i see pioneer stamps on all of em..

infinity?? whaddya got?? Kappa?
Old 05-27-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Mine don't say pioneer. Just some writing stamped on it.
Old 05-27-2004
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Pharoh
This may have been posted ages ago but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I was talking to Ludlam about this a while back. I have a Clarion DXZ635MP 52 x 4 in my ride. The speakers are stock...all of them. The thing absolutely pounds and just about everyone thinks I have a small sub in the car.

So then I put a JVC KD-LH3100 in my ex-g/f's 2K3 EX Coupe hoping to get similar results but suprisingly to me it didn't sound that much better than it did with the factory stereo.

I had been wondering why there was such a difference in sound quality. Then I remembered that someone said some of the 2K1 EX's came with Pioneer speakers or something like that. I looked in the trunk of my car and noticed that the magnets were stamped with the Pioneer logo. I'm told that the Civic doesn't come with those speakers so I'm guessing that's where the better sound is coming from.....hope this wasn't too confusing but can someone shed some light on this for me...

thanks!
ok, so i guess both of you have a 7th gen coupe? have you tried your clarion HU in your gf's car? was it still crap? have you tried playing with the settings on teh JVC deck?

anyways, if you think some civics come with different speakers, lets post what we have.

on my 7th gen si-g (usa ex), i have Pioneer TS-09045 6x9's and i have Pioneer TS-06077ZH 6.5"

anyways, overall i think the stock speakers sound like crap but they are better than a lot of other stock speakers included in cars of the same price range

also, are you sure none of the speakers are wired out of phase? did you snip the harness instead of using an adaptor? also, i guess it'll be rare but it's possible the factory might have reversed the polarity of the speakers. someone told me some of the RSX Type S's were recalled because the bose sub had it's polarity wired the wrong way.

Last edited by turboslug; 05-27-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by turboslug

also, are you sure none of the speakers are wired out of phase? did you snip the harness instead of using an adaptor? also, i guess it'll be rare but it's possible the factory might have reversed the polarity of the speakers. someone told me some of the RSX Type S's were recalled because the bose sub had it's polarity wired the wrong way.
I don't have a wiring harness. It's spliced right in there..haha.
Old 05-28-2004
Super Hoser

I don't have a wiring harness. It's spliced right in there..haha.
you should probably go check if you spliced the speaker wires correctly...could be wrong polarity
Old 05-28-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by turboslug
you should probably go check if you spliced the speaker wires correctly...could be wrong polarity
Well if that's what's making them sound so damn good then maybe I should leave 'em if I find it was done wrong.
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

flamike is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2K4 EX with the 6 speaker system, these sound great!

I have a 200W (RMS) Amp and a Kicker CompVR 12" Sub in the back and It hardly makes a difference if it is on or not!

Time to upgrade the amp or build a bigger box...
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

hey, a lot of my friends bought kickers.....are they really that good?

how about Polk/momo?
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

Depends what your looking for in a sub, yes the kickers are good, and with the right box you can pound them with low wattage they are pretty efficient.

I like tight bass and good sound not just SPL's, but that's just me.
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

Well if that's what's making them sound so damn good then maybe I should leave 'em if I find it was done wrong.
I think he meant her's might be incorrect thus low bass

I would check it out... are her's also pioneer? could be simple as that...
Old 05-28-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by flamike
I think he meant her's might be incorrect thus low bass

I would check it out... are her's also pioneer? could be simple as that...
Oh - well she has the wiring harness. I was just to impatient to wait for my shop to get more so I wired in without one..haha.
Old 05-28-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Lets keep this on topic, PM if you want to ask flamike about his speakers.

Now then, the sedans probably came with different speakers than the coupes (ie, not Pioneer)

The difference in sound could be because of reversed polarity in your girlfriends car. That can make low end response much worse.

If it's not a reversed polarity issue, it's probably just EQ settings on the radio.
Old 05-28-2004

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
2K1 Ex Coupe - stocks were Pioneer.
Old 06-04-2004
Registered!!

cxvi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Coop
2K1 Ex Coupe - stocks were Pioneer.
anyone know what brand 2004 civic EX sedan come with? i checked my rear speakers and all it says is "made in china". on the honda.ca website, it says that '04 civics come with "upgraded" speakers
Old 06-05-2004
Registered!!

wiqqur is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda's stock speakers SUCK! the 6.5 are a joke, i have bigger magnets on my frige and the 6/9 aint much better. get you some clarion mids and then youll see the difference... and just because they say pioneer dont mean there good they are trash !!!
Old 06-06-2004
i boogie for the raindrops

LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by wiqqur
Honda's stock speakers SUCK! the 6.5 are a joke, i have bigger magnets on my frige and the 6/9 aint much better. get you some clarion mids and then youll see the difference... and just because they say pioneer dont mean there good they are trash !!!

yes, they do suckk, but, magnet size isnt everything. theyre neodyium, metal who's mgnetic force is incredibly stronger than standard ferrite magnets you see everywhere. i should show you the magnets on my viper components, theyre about as wide as a jfk 50 cent coin but theyre beautiful speakers
Old 06-06-2004
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
hence why they are efficient little speakers. plus i hate mounting big *** magnets in the front doors, depth really sucks.
Old 06-06-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
My stockers were Pioneer, I believe they all are, stamped or not.

They are not by any means good speakers though, they just happen to be made by Pioneer. IMO, the stock speakers (especially the 6x9's) are absolute crap.

I would say your Clarion sounded better because it has a better internal amp than the JVC you were talking about. There is no other real reason for it, unless she just bumped the **** out of them with her stock deck and wrecked em...
Old 07-11-2004
Super Hoser

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...NTENNA-SPEAKER

i came across this when i was just browsing...loooks as if some civics came with pioneer speakers while others came with panasonic ones...

IMO, both speakers really suck but the pioneer isnt so bad for stock
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

Keigo is an unknown quantity at this point
what do i need if i want to install an after market 6.5" speakers in 01 civic sedan LX FRONT ???
beside the speakers, do i need these ?
Honda Brackets
5-1/4" & 6-1/2" speaker adapter plates

Honda Brackets

Old 08-10-2011
kickn'-A$$

NIN-FREAK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2K1 EX Civic Stock Speakers....

Does anyone know how to change the rear 6x9 pioneer speakers in a 02 civic coupe. Aswell I drove through some water and now my sea light is on, how u get rid of that?? Please msg me if u know the answer to either
Old 12-27-2016
Registered!!

JOHNNY672003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2K1 EX Civic Stock Speakers....

I have an 2003 civic coupe EX, the rear speakers are blown, they are original
TS-09045, I was wondering if I buy the TS-976M from walmart will they fit?