I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2001 civic cassette radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iggy pop is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 civic cassette radio not working

Hi,
I just bought a 2001 Civic and the cassette radio is not working. The radio turns on and can select stations but no sound. Not sure if a power down would fix. I don't have the radio code so is there a button combination to get the serial number like the #1 and #6 on the CD model? I can pull the radio and get the serial # and look up the code.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2001 civic cassette radio not working

I don't have the radio code so is there a button combination to get the serial number like the #1 and #6 on the CD model? I can pull the radio and get the serial # and look up the code.
Maybe, maybe not. 2001 was iffy as to whether the radio could give the SN by holding 1 and 6, that wasn't a feature on all cars at the time and I sure can't remember which did and which did not.

If not, you will have to look for the sticker (SN# and/or radio code) in hopes that someone stuck it where someone could find it later on when needed. If no sticker, you will have to pull the radio to get the SN. (assuming it's a locking radio in the first place)

Make sure none of the speaker leads have shorted to ground, and none of the speaker voice coils shorted windings. I suppose either could cause no sound.