Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

2001 Problems piling up. First turn single, then wiper, then windows...[solved]

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ClapAlongChorus is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Problems piling up. First turn single, then wiper, then windows...[solved]

So, this started a year or two ago. My turn signals would occasionally buzz occasionally as if a light was burnt out. They would then work again.

Suddenly, my wiper control was wonky. Wipers would start going on their own after bump in the road, or after nothing at all. Then my wipers wouldn't turn on for a day or two. Then the wipers would work predictably when off or on, but intermittent wiping was replaced with slow ineffective constant wiping when my control lever was in that position.

Then my power windows and turn signals stopped working, but they would work occasionally when my wipers were on.

There was no obvious fuse problems, so I took it in to a friend who said (correctly) that wiper motors were a problem for Honda and replaced it. Things worked better for a few weeks, then things got worse again. Currently my windshield wipers continue to behave poorly, but additionally they occasionally continue to run (or try to) if I leave the dash control lever even after turning the car on and removing the key.

I talked to my friend about the multiplex being an issue, but he replied that he didn't believe the '01 had a MCU. That doesn't jive with what I've seen in schematic diagrams. Is it time to go to a dealer? Is there something else that could be an issue.
Old 06-13-2015
Registered!!

ClapAlongChorus is an unknown quantity at this point
re: 2001 Problems piling up. First turn single, then wiper, then windows...[solved]

So, this post didn't resonate with anyone, but it turns out going to the dealer was this best option.

It turned out to be an issue with the ground wiring for the dash. Some wiring had to be cleaned up is all. Still cost a couple hundred in labor due these wires being behind the washer fluid reservoir and requiring the dash to be disassembled... oh well.
Old 10-28-2021
Registered!!

Civicized07 is an unknown quantity at this point
re: 2001 Problems piling up. First turn single, then wiper, then windows...[solved]

You couldve probably just re grounded the chassis to the body