I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

ebay fog lights 30 shipped, correction

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetthrowback should not be trusted
ebay fog lights 30 shipped, correction

ok i guys i see thats their some people that are having problems so i just installed mines today this moring and would liek to share what i went throu,

i brough the ebay fog lights for 30 shipped on ebay, everything is good the only thing i had to do was cut out the hole for the fog lights,

next the plug that plugs into the fuse box under the streeing wheel, has room for 4 pins but if u look at the fuse box u only have 3, so i had to take the wire out of the whole it came in, which was all the way to the left if your looking behid the plug where the wire goes in the plug, to the far right, but before i did that i just wanted to make sure i was getting power their so i took a test light and checked

the wires where short on one end so i cut it and added more lenth to the wires b.c if i wanted to take my bumper off i wanted to know that it was going to yank on the plug

the last thing is the ghetto switch that comes with it, its too big cause its after market what i did was i filed the sides and the corners of the button that u presss on to turn on the fog lights, the front looks black but the sides looks white (after fileing it down), so i filed it down until the switch clicks on and off nicely and took a sharpie and colerd it black

the grounds i used where this, keep in mind that i have a k24 in my em2 not a single v

so the end results are this

any Q's i would be glad to help out
Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ebay fog lights 30 shipped, correction

wow very nice look! how are they at night...
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

mdn217 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice post..im thinking about getting some fog lights. Are those ones any good or kinda cheap?? I might get an OEM kit...
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
wow very nice look! how are they at night...

tell me what you think, i took the pics on my iphone dont know why it came out white on my iphone but their yellow, i want them brighter, i'm going to get yellow hid's and put them in their when i have sometime, but for right now their great for 30 shipped!!! cant beat that, thanks god for china!! lol
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mdn217
nice post..im thinking about getting some fog lights. Are those ones any good or kinda cheap?? I might get an OEM kit...
their good for 30, cant beat that, but i'm thinkin of adding hid's to them
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

eyeheartvtec is on a distinguished road

theyre actually pretty nice lookin dude. i woulda figured ebay quality stuff wouldnt perform that well. sounds like a good buy to me!
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

replace the fuse with a smaller usa made one.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kcari
replace the fuse with a smaller usa made one.
sure will do, u think a 10a will do???
Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

not bad. you may need to adjust the aim so they are lined up right and not aimed too high. i had real oem ones before and you could hardly see anything from the driver seat. fogs are mainly for looks tho not visibility. i would not recommend wasting money for hids in them, it looks like they already have lots of glare. which is good with the halogens now, makes your car more noticable.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

i think i replaced my 30 that melted with a 15.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

not bad. you may need to adjust the aim so they are lined up right and not aimed too high. i had real oem ones before and you could hardly see anything from the driver seat. fogs are mainly for looks tho not visibility. i would not recommend wasting money for hids in them, it looks like they already have lots of glare. which is good with the halogens now, makes your car more noticable.
yea i think their good, hey for 30, i cant go wrong their bright but i want them brighter,
Old 04-03-2009
Premium Member

well you can always try it out, hid kits are cheaper than $100 so you wont lose much if it looks bad.
Old 04-03-2009
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

where is your cruise switch?
Old 04-03-2009
Premium Member

either he doesnt have cruise, or he stuffed it behind the dash like me in ON pressed position.
Old 04-03-2009
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

i'm a little into details... and i am going to guess that the kit came with screws to hold the fog light housing to the lower grille. BUT, it appears you took it upon yourself to use bolts?

the 'OEM' way of installying them is to have that tab w/ the screw holes to go on the 'outside' of that brace, instead of the inside like you have it...

otherwise, good install.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dalaw
where is your cruise switch?
i took out it cuase i did the k swap and i'm going turbo so i need all the room i can get
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by manahoonie
i'm a little into details... and i am going to guess that the kit came with screws to hold the fog light housing to the lower grille. BUT, it appears you took it upon yourself to use bolts?

the 'OEM' way of installying them is to have that tab w/ the screw holes to go on the 'outside' of that brace, instead of the inside like you have it...

otherwise, good install.
yea it came with the screws and and tab but the tabs are so weak that when u put them on they bend right away so i used blots and nuts as u can see, i only used one tool the whole time and that was a kicthen nife, i can easly hide the bolts by spray painting them black, but i really dont care, its ok to me

Last edited by streetthrowback; 04-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

hey guys i just wanted to let you guys know, on my way to new jersey, i stopped for gas and found that my fog lights have cracked , i'm so mad, dont know what to do, the ebay user is not registered, i'm so mad

Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

it happens, they are made of glass and its a big area when rocks are flying at you. next pair you can try putting clear protective film but ive had bad luck with the vinyl burning if the car sits still and theres no wind to cool them.
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

it happens, they are made of glass and its a big area when rocks are flying at you. next pair you can try putting clear protective film but ive had bad luck with the vinyl burning if the car sits still and theres no wind to cool them.

i dont think it was the rocks i think it got so hot that when it rained the glass poped, so i think its that
Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

ah yeah that would do it too. cheap glass (not pyrex) will do that. now you can always fix the ones you have, many people goto hardware store and get lexan pieces and cut out a lens from those. you can form them into a curved shape with a little heat. just break the rest of the glass out of your old fogs, then cut a new piece from lexan and glue it back in place. it should never break.
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

KTciv_03 can only hope to improve

^more trouble than its worth. just get another 40 dollar kit and slap them in there and sell what you dont need.
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

^then the same thing will happen..
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

lol yea thats true, well good news they guy replayed back and he said he sending me new ones, so i'm going find out want i can do so they dont break, the only thing i can think right now is to not turn them on when it rains, but i'll find something out, i may just replace the lens or something
Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

wow thats pretty cool.
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road

Stupid question but I've only had my new civic for like 6 days, in the place where the fog lights are do you have to have a diff bumper or do the plastic pieces in mine just pop out for them?
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mdawg
Stupid question but I've only had my new civic for like 6 days, in the place where the fog lights are do you have to have a diff bumper or do the plastic pieces in mine just pop out for them?

lol read the theard
Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

you gotta cut the bumper
Old 04-10-2009
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by streetthrowback
lol read the theard

lmao how did I miss that
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

instead of starting a new thread....
this white clip does not fit securely onto the fuse box.. any ideas what to do?

Quick Reply: ebay fog lights 30 shipped, correction